Bathroom starts !

7 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Nice. I will now be able to feel good at the thought of you soaping yourself steam free.

I’m not moving the main bathroom I e though !! . It’s basically central with shower  cubicle in the corner .

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, pocster said:

Almost finished bathroom ceiling .

Was worried ceiling speaker would be too heavy just to rest on plasterboard . So added a Marine ply base for it .

Take it you're not bothered about acoustics..???

• 2 months later...

I’ve always been confused by the point of this . After all if water gets past grout / Mastik I.e the initial barrier . You have a problem anyway . As the shower tray sits on this - then any water here means everything above has failed . So is it just delaying the inevitable???

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Assume I should paint the inset with the water proof blue paste ? . Makes me wonder what the wall tile adhesive is actually going to stick to !

1DABD7C9-9ED4-4B32-AC95-32558158AB21.jpeg

The (blue) tanking needs to be continuous. I think the theory is that you should also use the tanking tape at any change in materials say where mrpb meets the concrete floor etc. 

Guess you primed like mine before applying the tanking liquid?

You then prime again with tile primer (over the blue) before applying the tile adhesive. Wotsit to a blanket!

28 minutes ago, Onoff said:

The (blue) tanking needs to be continuous. I think the theory is that you should also use the tanking tape at any change in materials say where mrpb meets the concrete floor etc. 

Guess you primed like mine before applying the tanking liquid?

You then prime again with tile primer (over the blue) before applying the tile adhesive. Wotsit to a blanket!

Didn’t prime . The tanking and backer board all from same supplier - no mention of priming ( unless as they state in their instructions you are using other mediums ) 

So I should ‘blue out’ the niche ? . I stuck the niche collar down with the blue and then went over it again .

May of mis understood the instructions so did a second tape / corner pieces at base .

643BBB5F-92A6-4259-8963-E699137E8CA6.jpeg

Edited by pocster