Bathroom starts !

Hmmmm working now .

A less than perfect cut - but as below pan not an issue I assume . But how do you prevent the ‘over cut ‘ I.e you have to cut into the tile face further than you want . Cut from back side rather than face ??

A1EAF743-431A-40C5-A4EA-6D093004E2C1.jpeg

The most important cut on these wall hung WCs is the one above the flush pipe, which must be close to the pipe or it will be visible after the loo is mounted.  The rest you can just go round with straight cuts or l-shaped as you have done.  If you have a loo you could do a template around it and offer it up.

And yes, you can turn the tile over and do the last bit from the other side.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

The most important cut on these wall hung WCs is the one above the flush pipe, which must be close to the pipe or it will be visible after the loo is mounted.  The rest you can just go round with straight cuts or l-shaped as you have done.  If you have a loo you could do a template around it and offer it up.

And yes, you can turn the tile over and do the last bit from the other side.

Got ya ! . I’ll get the cuts around the flush pipe tight and neat 

Edited by pocster

I was always under the impression tiling was a relaxing therapeutic past time ....

STRESS !!  . That’s it for today ! Paranoia wins . I’ll let those set and carefully remove the timber tomorrow. All level horizontal and vertical . Though where the tile backer board has bent due to its fixing I have to add more adhesive .

I messed up first of all; had my spirit level horizontal across 2 tiles showed the corners ‘dipping’ inwards . Couldn’t get them off the wall ! . Eventually they did . You are meant to remove 1 to check how much adhesion is visible on the back of the tile . I’m at 99% I think . Probably making the adhesive 2 thick - will do a softer mix tomorrow.....?

F5E3E563-9ED3-440A-988F-D9D94BA5CFED.jpeg

Just now, pocster said:

I was always under the impression tiling was a relaxing therapeutic past time ....

No, it's a c***.

If you want to cut curves in tiles then the carbide grit edged jigsaw blades from TS are good and cheap as chips. 

A set of diamond tile files are great for taking sharp edges down. 

I see you're using a levelling kit, which one? Wish I had!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Onoff said:

No, it's a c***.

If you want to cut curves in tiles then the carbide grit edged jigsaw blades from TS are good and cheap as chips. 

A set of diamond tile files are great for taking sharp edges down. 

I see you're using a levelling kit, which one? Wish I had!

eBay one ?

struggled with it first of all . As you turn the red key it reduces the thread but turns a metal T . All sounds good . But if metal tee gets between tiles rather than under it pushes them apart . Not used it before so might just me being crap .

Still trusted spirit level more ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Are you laying these brick bond?  The one around the WC looks a challenge.  You may need a couple of spare tiles.  I would just carefully cut a rectangle so the fixings and the flush pipe remain exposed.  Do the horizontal first, with a plunge cut.

6 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Are you laying these brick bond?  The one around the WC looks a challenge.  You may need a couple of spare tiles.  I would just carefully cut a rectangle so the fixings and the flush pipe remain exposed.  Do the horizontal first, with a plunge cut.

No plan was all inline I.e vertical grout lines top to bottom .

Regarding around flush etc. my plan was just a square cut out to surround them all

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Just thinking how superb mine would have been had I cheated and used a tile levelling system.

I needn't have had a dimmer switch & lairy blind then...

?

Don’t worry ! I’ll make mine superior to yours ?

Just now, Mr Punter said:

You don't need the zig zag, just an L-shape.  Don't leave too much space at the top!

You think that’s still to much gap ? Above the flush pipe ? - really got to be that tight .

Assume you mean this cut 

3EBBD2C6-6CB5-4C01-AE14-BFE4BF7FC479.jpeg

Only just thought but imo it's handy to get those 4 tiles behind the WC flat as that's where the pan will sit against. Mine wasn't perfect:

2018-09-24_09-21-14

The blue shims are 3mm. A definite rock on the level!

When you put your pan on the wall do so with copious clear CT1 then walk away for 36 hours and don't touch. 

So said @Nickfromwales. All I can say is I'm sitting on mine as I type this and it's rock solid. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Only just thought but imo it's handy to get those 4 tiles behind the WC flat as that's where the pan will sit against. Mine wasn't perfect:

2018-09-24_09-21-14

The blue shims are 3mm. A definite rock on the level!

When you put your pan on the wall do so with copious clear CT1 then walk away for 36 hours and don't touch. 

So said @Nickfromwales. All I can say is I'm sitting on mine as I type this and it's rock solid. 

3mm - might as well be 3 metres . Pathetic effort ! ??

7 hours ago, pocster said:

Argh tile cutter pump ain’t pumping !!! 

It's important to periodically change your water / empty your tray I think or you're just trying to pump slurry eventually. 

• Like 1