Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. I've used tent pegs before!
  2. Fernco do internal couplers for this situation very thin has got me out the 💩 in the past.
  3. Neat trenches well done groundwork guys.
  4. Think they only adopt pipes every 10 years or so. 2013 seems to be a year I remember was that one? This might be one you have to involve home legal insurance if new owners start getting funny. Did the previous landlord own the freehold?
  5. Yeh not worth setting up for that sake then. There would be quite a few people already working through ltd companies that could possibly make use of it though. Especially if already in construction Industry. I've done it before and have also renovated a place and been able to bill at 5% vat due to unoccupied dwelling.
  6. So is it a hack to build a house through ltd company and invoice yourself personally? Especially if you already have one for day to day work
  7. I've been saying the same thing. It's ott
  8. Regarding design have you enquired with bpc? I don't remember having to wait that long for a plan. More like a week or 2. You don't have to buy the kit from there just pay for design.
  9. Most floors below b&b left bare. @nod had to do concrete and drains on his last house.
  10. It's getting worse this red tape what's the point in tables if they can't be used! I'm assuming some research actually went in to producing those tables and it wasn't just some random nhbc bod sticking his finger in the air
  11. Why can BI not use foundation tables any more? We're the SE calcs similar to the tables. Presumably you didn't get a plasticity test on soil?
  12. I think richer sounds have insurance backed 7yr guarantees on all their products too? Did have something like that last time I used them
  13. How many of you are living in that mansion 420m2 fair play
  14. Most manufacturers want their beam ends sat on dpc where they bear onto the walls. Then the perimeter blocks end up with a 50mm ish void under them and you lay slithers of block beneath these on mortar, provided by manufacturer. Did a sketch on your drawing but could be different with yours is it sat on masonry or steel? 20250527-Floor_Build-up_Layers_Client questions_250530_201741.pdf
  15. + compo to lay the fillets under the end blocks. Don't forget to sit on dpc
  16. I didn't realise 450 ic had as much fall as that. If it were me I'd be connecting it up at both ends then just making the adjustment in the riser pieces or putting it in out of level/ plumb. If the waste flowed between the 2 points before then it will flow again providing its a straight line. Who's bothered if the riser build up is a few mm out of plum you cut the top for the lid anyway.
  17. How extravagant are you wanting to go? There are online firms for more run of the mill stuff
  18. Who introduced these changes the previous govt? They need to start slashing these rules and regs it's ott
  19. I got planning for a place 5 years ago. Existing garden and single garage to knock down no silly reports or consulatants needed. Got my eye on another plot locally. Garden land with double garage. Same council, not a conservation area. I see now they are having to have a protected species survey what the hell is that about? Combined with the ecological biodiversity crap (they didn't go for "self build" in planning app) it just seems like the red tape is getting worse and worse in this game.
  20. Never really heard of rubble foundations. They look cool. Wonder how many one off builds get built with these over here.
  21. I found them helpful buying some gear for a job. What did you do find another brickie or stick with original @Gibdog? I like the idea of this with the flexibility but if using on a concreted foundation I suppose the flexibility is redundant?
  22. Presumably this timber showing around the edge is no less ventilated than any of the other pieces? That section shows another piece inside of this. Good question though I bet most people would just cover it up without a thought.
  23. Am I being dense? Surely you have to cover the whole roof in osb or something first. Easy enough nail on some temp battens as you go up. Then cover in pir or woodfibre. Less easy but can still invisage. Then you've got to felt and batten inline with rafters? How to do this in 1 go? Unless your battens inline with the rafters are only 1m long or whatever width a roll of felt is. Final battens for tiling easy as standard.
  24. Even with foul I think it's been discussed here before that since pipes are mostly pvc now the maximum gradient has been deleted from building regs? I've done a backdrop before but was a tight situation without any alternative. Used pcc risers and benched traditionally.
  25. Yep and some 90mm ring shank nails. Although isn't the old rule nail length 3x whatever your fixing through.
×
×
  • Create New...