-
Posts
21173 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
206
Everything posted by Onoff
-
I could have told you this would happen some day....
Onoff replied to ProDave's topic in General Alternative Energy Issues
-
It's not a bad shout to have fridge/freezers on their own dedicated rcbo. At least if something else causes a trip you shouldn't come back from holiday to a defrosted freezer! I ran a dedicated trunking to a double socket for this though it's currently still on the kitchen ring.
-
More like a full sack!
-
Erm...no you don't, at least not the Quintetic ones I have here. There's no going up into the ceiling / loft and having to re-pair the switch to it's receiver.
-
I put silver foil tape on a black waste: (Yes I know, pi$$ poor tiling!)
-
Stick copper tape on the plastic pipe or on plastic pipe protectors?
-
You been at the mescaline again?
-
Indeed I felt like Jennifer Lopez in Anaconda! Worst bit was getting it up through the hole I drilled in the concrete, had to drag it up with an electric engine hoist. Tbh I often feel like Jennifer Lopez...
-
-
-
Does anybody remember the game SimCity2000?
Onoff replied to Adsibob's topic in General Alternative Energy Issues
The Solex Agitator is what we need. -
Does anybody remember the game SimCity2000?
Onoff replied to Adsibob's topic in General Alternative Energy Issues
...alright, I know it's not microwave technology. -
Does anybody remember the game SimCity2000?
Onoff replied to Adsibob's topic in General Alternative Energy Issues
Icarus from Die Another Day brought to life! -
Feedback on 1st attempt at en-suite / bedroom floor plan
Onoff replied to Gill's topic in Bathrooms, Ensuites & Wetrooms
Wanna bet? My lad's not too bad now but the girl, even the bog roll gets wet if not covered in hair dye! Fairer sex my ar$e, needs to learn to use the squeegee and clear the wall drain occasionally! -
Feedback on 1st attempt at en-suite / bedroom floor plan
Onoff replied to Gill's topic in Bathrooms, Ensuites & Wetrooms
Our furry b'stard sleeps with us. Sometimes I'm up 4 or 5 times to let him in/out of the sliding bedroom door. Ignore him long enough and he will scratch it open but hasn't learnt to shut it behind him. Sometimes he brings us presents. -
https://news.sky.com/story/two-year-old-boy-died-as-a-result-of-mould-infested-flat-unfit-for-human-habitation-12747927
-
Drawing software
Onoff replied to irnbru's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
I'm possibly doing AutoCAD a disservice in terms of how "pretty" a render it can now do. I learnt on AutoCAD 2000/2000i so am most familiar with that. I dabble with 2010 now and then but it's not mine. What I find fascinating of late is that if I draw say any complicated, large assembly, I can export as a STL file. My lad takes it through Fusion/Cura and in theory could then 3D print it. As a boon he can produce very nice, real looking renders which are great selling tools. I keep meaning to draw my house and see what that turns out like once prettied up. -
Drawing software
Onoff replied to irnbru's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
+1. I drew this in AutoCAD but my lad brought the render to life by running the STL through Fusion: -
Llamas: https://www.alpacamagic.com.au/livestock-guardians/#:~:text=Yes%2C llamas are elite fox,rid their paddock of foxes.
-
Yes but the angle is much lower in winter.
-
As in even with a clear blue sky in winter the Sun is too low?
-
Got a SAP, what now?
Onoff replied to HughF's topic in Energy Efficient & Sustainable Design Concepts
The same people who make Cummins Cider. -
Bedec Barn Paint? This is satin: It covers ridiculously well. This is 3 coats.
-
Building a Block Workshop - ADVICE NEEDED!
Onoff replied to stunotch's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Or a South facing DIY array... 👍 -
Building a Block Workshop - ADVICE NEEDED!
Onoff replied to stunotch's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
For the cost don't forget to put underfloor heating pipes in! 😂
