Jump to content

Onoff

Members
  • Posts

    21173
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    206

Everything posted by Onoff

  1. The 3D battery adapters proved their worth in the Einhell chainsaw with Makita batteries. There were some runners from the cherry tree grown into saplings about 3" in diameter. I've logged some of it and stored them to dry. The rest of the rubbish I'll have a bonfire. All that's left aside from the hedge plants is an original apple tree that fell over years ago but still fruits. It's hard work this gardening lark! I'm going to splash on on an Einhell 36V hedge cutter to tidy the hedge up a bit.
  2. I was thinking at the bottom of the slope so as not to shade the other plants?
  3. Just been using the 36V Einhell chainsaw with the 3D printed adaptors and Makita batteries. Didn't skip a beat. For a little diversion: A brake servo bodywork grommet for a Ford Capri in 95A Shore TPU. Test run at 20% infill. Aim is to try and recreate the lettering!
  4. The veg patch will hopefully be a rectangle, on a slight slope. These two photos looking from the south west. The tree house is at the top of the slope. Looking down slope from the tree house platform. Some lawn to come up then a bigger area of tufty, overgrown, ivy (from next door) covered ground. Even has some runners from the cherry tree. Should the beans go at the top or bottom of the slope?
  5. No doubt instructions on the packet but is there a recommeded spacing for bean plants? I've been told to grow some up in pots before planting.
  6. Long term for the sunny corner of the garden is a garden room shaped to make most use of the Sun. The veg page will go down slope of this. I'm thinking if I'm to have this veg patch then it needs to be far away enough from the hedge that I can drive the mower down. Furthermore, I'm thinking future services to the shed. Should I be looking to maybe put a length of say 300mm dia duct that I can get soil pipes and other services in? Especially if the bean trench will cross it. Or I plan the garden room now, trench the length of the veg patch and lay a length of soil and some ducts that power and water can go in later? I'll put some sizes up later.
  7. OK I've been recommended these runner bean seeds by a family member. Specifically the Czar variety: https://www.realseeds.co.uk/runnerbeans.html
  8. @Barney12did a lovely hidden gutter detail in his dormer...
  9. What about another black diagonal on the left to balance things up?
  10. Possibly to be repurposed as some sort of netted frame...
  11. Onoff

    Finishing up

    I'm betting hot water?
  12. It bugs me more that the dormers aren't symmetrical to the garage door! 😂
  13. Took the small trampoline down to make a bit of space and decide where the veg patch is going. The hedge faces SW. Beam trench will come out from the hedge at 90 degrees. Some quite thick tufts and a big patch of ivy to the lhs of the barrow. What to do with this lot?
  14. Low cut top should take their mind off it. Maybe a bit of vpl for good measure.
  15. "Pick a switch Print a cover Lookin like no other cuva Word!"
  16. Very jealous.
  17. Some people on here have too much money! 😂 Pick a switch, print a cover! https://www.yeggi.com/q/clipsal/
  18. Just get one from abroad and boast it's "imported" 😂
  19. Got any Australian or Kiwi mates? Or any mates at all even...😃 Clipsal and Legrand do them there. Both companies are owned by Schneider Google "clipsal black architrave". I've some Clipsal stuff here actually. It's alright. I could 3D print you a cover in matt black to clip over a screwed one.....
  20. What are the pyramids? Just "art" or do they serve a purpose and cover something like a reservoir?
  21. Can't be that hard to corner a damp sheep and sprinkle a packet over it?
  22. Many a truer word said in jest! If you can grow mustard and cress on cotton wool, I don't see why lettuce wouldn't grow on the back of a sheep 😉
×
×
  • Create New...