Jump to content

Onoff

Members
  • Posts

    21173
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    206

Everything posted by Onoff

  1. Go for it. You won't go back. Bernstein rimless here, Geberit frame. Love it. No disadvantages really other than install is a bit more complicated. Oh yeah, and if the cistern itself ever fails you're breaking the wall out! ? Seriously, it's a rarity, do it.
  2. @Construction Channel has a historic clay field on his family's land I believe... Essex Double Romans coming soon!
  3. A couple of incarnations of a Makita 18V battery to Einhell/Ozito adapter. Ripped off Thingiverse. Been using a previously printed pair in the Einhell chainsaw and they've worked perfectly. I took them out to play with a "sold as seen/spares or repair", Einhell brush cutter and have misplaced them ?) I used RS Pro, black PLA last time. This time, clay red PLA from 3DFILAPRINT and grey PETG from 3DJAKE. The Makita side: Any pointers as to reducing the hairiness of the PETG? The Einhell, Ozito side. In both cases the battery release lever snaps off as soon as look at it. Tbh this is the weak point of the design. A bodge to stick it back, that works, is a slug of CT1 and let it set. It acts as a spring! Anyone on here able to offer laser cutting in 1mm copper for the tabs? If not it's another hand fettle job.
  4. Drink more you big tart!
  5. Seems bloody cheap to me. This is mine:
  6. That's dog rough! ?
  7. Fugly though if he brings the cable down and round the side of the socket. As it appears pretty sheltered I'd drill a drain hole in the box and go top entry in round pvc from the top. One of these in the top of the conduit. https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLTEG2.html?
  8. How are you bringing the cable to the new socket? Still in that bit of trunking?
  9. This? https://www.screwfix.com/p/self-cutting-tap-15mm-x/21250
  10. All part of the Chinese long game. Our houses made from their cheap crap wood will fall apart. We'll have to spend more on them buying tools and materials made in China!
  11. Long gone they are. If I'm in the bath the most fun I have is making my own bubbles and waiting for them to pop!
  12. I feel your pain. My oil quote from last Friday was up 9p/L by Monday. Had 2000L in October. Down to 455L now.
  13. Wow that is very reasonable for a litre! Even adding £6 delivery.
  14. Shop around for a matt black stove/barbecue paint that goes on multi surfaces. Like this: https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-sp5-heat-resistant-stove-paint-matt-b/
  15. I'll have to read the exact spec on the Multiplus label but I think its one of these: https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/product/victron-energy-multiplus-compact-12-1200-50-16-ve-bus-cmp121220000/
  16. Maybe heat the bathroom?
  17. Mirka do a powered one but it's £££.
  18. Depends how big an area but the (handraulic ?) Mirka sander with dust extraction attachment is a joy to use: https://www.toolstation.com/mirka-dust-extraction-handy-sander-kit/p86220
  19. So I could run the router off it and at least keep the kids happy in a power cut? ?
  20. Have you a Travis Perkins nearby? Down from £10 to £15 a sheet, no cutting, for £20 would give you 1200x800 to play with each side. https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/tile-backing-boards/james-hardie-hardiebacker-tile-backing-board-1200-x-800-x-12mm/p/746311?
  21. So for my next unfinished project I picked up these bits tonight. Removed working. My mate was convinced by some snake oil salesman his kit needed "upgrading": Along with 3 of these batteries: Haven't got a Scooby Doo what it all is or what I can do with it but I've got all the manuals. Best I get reading and learn. Then maybe some surplus panels...
  22. The room is not heated...yet. There WAS a continuous VCL on the inside of the pir but I've cut lots of holes in it for spots, speakers and the body dryer. Not to mention a number of conduits open to the cold loft space.
  23. I've 6" of pir above the ceiling. On the one external 3m, cavity wall, I've 50mm of pir one end tapering to about 150mm the other.
  24. I have 150mm pir + 25mm eps under my bathroom floor and the room is still bloody freezing... ?
  25. Chippy mate mentioned he's helping out on a new floor job in an extension. Original builder has been given the push. Build up is: 100mm Type 1 50mm sand blind DPM 125mm concrete with A142 mesh 75mm pir Membrane 70mm screed with UFH I said I thought the insulation should be a minimum of 150mm pir. He reckons it's being done to proper drawings and all the bco was worried about was the original builder using broken roofing tiles instead of Type 1. All I can find ref floor insulation is this and it says to use 75mm "foam" or 150mm wool: https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/advice/floor-insulation/#:~:text=The U-value is a,floor type%2C shape and size.
×
×
  • Create New...