Jump to content

BotusBuild

Members
  • Posts

    1461
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    10

Everything posted by BotusBuild

  1. Take a look at this for starters - option 2 or 3 would be suitable - Nuheat is not your only choice for getting the products
  2. Make it hinge upwards 🙂 Or use something like this - https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/hinges/2937768 or for something a little more expensive https://www.eurofitdirect.co.uk/collections/concealed-door-hinges-door-hinges#:~:text=Concealed hinges are hinges that,closed unlike ordinary door hinges.
  3. My recent experience -
  4. House build started before new BRegs
  5. That's understandable, but fortunately I have used standard forms, where the plastic web comes to within about 15mm of the surface
  6. Local distributor not being very forthcoming 🙂
  7. Thanks - I think I am going to have to refine how I search, or change my search engine
  8. I'm planning to use a srine slip product on the outside of Nudura construction. I cannot find a decent explanation of what is required or how to do this. Has anyone done this? If so, can you point me at some good guidance, or be willing to answer a ton of questions 🙃
  9. UPDATE: After another attempt with a couple of new Cobalt drill bits, I hired a mag drill and bought the relevant bit for that. Hired it for a days - actually returned it at 11.45am!!
  10. Still building our partially submerged 2 storey upside down house in Cornwall - I'm writing occasional blog entries on here
  11. Meaning they'll go through it easily?
  12. HELP! I need to drill some 16mm holes in a steel I-beam. HSS drills are not doing it. I have some 8mm bits that are going through no problem, but buggered if I can remember what type they are. What type do I need? Carbide? Cobalt? Something else? TIA Stuart
  13. I thought the answer might be Yes. Reaction: Feck! 🙂 "Hey, get those acroprops out again!!" 🙂
  14. 🙂 obviously I was having a bad day. Suffice to say the house is the right size 🙂 The price per block was from Nov 2021. The prices went up in March 2022
  15. Do I need to install a DPC under a stud wall that will sit on an insulated concrete slab foundation? The insulation is 240mm thick Jackon Atlas (closed cell insulation), then a Radon barrier and then the 250mm slab
  16. The 8" standard block (96" long by 18" high = 768 sq in = 0495 sq m) The 8" standard block was £63.40 (inc VAT), so per sq m it is approx £128 / sq m
  17. The plastic webbing in the Nudura had no issues.
  18. The one series with an 8" core. FYI- I should have added this was for a retaining wall, so had to add a lot more rebar, and 8 instead of 6" core. Don't forget with Nudura, your insulation is done as part of the build so that is a cost saved 🙂
  19. Just looking at our figures so this pretty accurate - about 94m2 wall Nudura - £12,500 Rebar - £2,000 Concrete + pump - £4200 I put up the Nudura + rebar with 1 days assistance/teaching from the supplier. Concrete poured by others 🙂 So, about £200/m2
  20. I presume the clear plastic thing on the top of the bath edge is the new seal? and the perspex panel does meet it in such a way that the water runs off the perspex, onto the seal and then towards the bath itself? If so, then it needs putting right up against the bottom of the hinge (as per the added arrow), so that the above described flow of water happens all the way - at the moment it seems you have an approx 2" gap where the water can run off the perspex and then both ways - into the bath, or over the side and onto the floor!! When you move the seal to butt up against the hinge I would put a little bit of sealant in between the seal and the hinge (belt and braces)
  21. A laser level and a plumb line are your friends for this :-)
  22. One side concrete, one side glulam beam, two sides 125mm wide webjoists
  23. Will give them a call
  24. Plus a blind when necessary. SWMBO's speciality 🙂
  25. You can apply for a water supply and attach a stand pipe to it. When your ready to, the supply can then be run into the new building.
×
×
  • Create New...