BotusBuild
Members-
Posts
1461 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
10
Everything posted by BotusBuild
-
-
For internal floor space up to 30m2, no building control required in England. Don't tell my friends about my uncalibrated tape measure.
-
Mortar bed under stone shower tray.
BotusBuild replied to andreas's topic in Bathrooms, Ensuites & Wetrooms
Yes, you're overthinking it. As long as the ribs are supported, the bit you will be standing on will be plenty strong enough. FYI - one of ours sits on a wooden frame suitably waterproofed -
Finally. Some positive progress
BotusBuild commented on flanagaj's blog entry in Contemporary Ball Ache
Good to see that things are progressing well. That DPC and insulation looks the nuts -
Welcome. Have fun with your build.
-
Glass balustrade fixing to Glulam beam
BotusBuild replied to BotusBuild's topic in Windows & Glazing
-
Chased in with a hot knife - I posted a video on here when I did it. Most services are in our web joist ceilings. We also have the standard 0.24 U blocks. We didn't go bonkers with AT and got a 1.8 result. I've since blocked up some major known leak points but can't be bothered with a retest. Our heating was not on much last winter.
-
Concrete garage floor threshold advice required
BotusBuild replied to ruggers's topic in Brick & Block
About 300mm in my case -
Eaves flashing gutter of Insulated box section panels
BotusBuild replied to BotusBuild's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
That is a neat solution. Maybe a bit OTT even for me 😀- 9 replies
-
- eaves flashing
- gutter
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Eaves flashing gutter of Insulated box section panels
BotusBuild replied to BotusBuild's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
Youtube has answered A plate between the top of the wall and the panel, then the eaves flashing goes over the top. The water falls between the two.- 9 replies
-
- eaves flashing
- gutter
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Eaves flashing gutter of Insulated box section panels
BotusBuild replied to BotusBuild's topic in Roofing, Tiling & Slating
Anyone there? The hub seems a quiet slow place these days. Either that or I've upset you all 🙂- 9 replies
-
- eaves flashing
- gutter
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Good for you.
-
Glass balustrade fixing to Glulam beam
BotusBuild replied to BotusBuild's topic in Windows & Glazing
After a frustrating time getting damaged deliveries of channels, I scrapped using a recommended supplier from this here hub and found a new supplier closer to home where a perfectionist could collect and transport the good themselves. Also, the top rail came in one piece (5750mm cut to length) which was an interesting 27 mile drive on top of a Volvo V50. But we have started... First piece not quite vertical as two wedges missing from kit. Being posted out to arrive over weekend -
Concrete garage floor threshold advice required
BotusBuild replied to ruggers's topic in Brick & Block
On our old house the tarmac drive went tight up to the concrete garage floor, just a little lower, I guess to minimise water being driven into the garage. The drive sloped away from the garage. Just poured our garage slab/floor and I went for level, but didn't achieve it. I need to self level a portion to stop liquid collecting at the back of the garage. I guess that is DPC showing? In which case any concrete should end up below that anyway. What is the channel? Sounds like you may need a step at the fire door. -
Eurocell? [Called Bill and Ted 🙂 ]
-
I want to use an insulated box panel system to roof the new garage using something like below (single pitch about 5 degrees) and am thinking about how to finish the ends of the panels, in particular the gutter end. I can only seem to find "flat" eaves flashing which talk about it being installed underneath the roof panel. Anyone fitted similar product? How have you finished the gutter end?
- 9 replies
-
- eaves flashing
- gutter
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Balustrade channel damage
BotusBuild replied to BotusBuild's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
In my case, the handrails came in such cardboard tubes. However, in this particular case all three have started to come apart. I've decided the whole lot is being returned for a refund and I'll go somewhere else here in Kernow that has been recommended. In a strange way, I am happy to hear that there are many other examples of crap packaging and delivery techniques happening across the country -
I know I'm a perfectionist and like many self builders have an OCD gene, but for the love of all that you hold dear, why do suppliers insist on sending easily damaged goods (aluminium balustrade channel in this case) the length if the country, to be handled multiple times from one truck to another to the final long wheel based van, wrapped in no more than a single ply corrugated box? Now my second set has arrived, damaged again, after I sent photos of the damage and politely suggested they wrap the ends with a bit more protection. This time the face of one piece has also been badly scratched. I wouldn't mind if it was going to be hidden behind something else, but the whole channel will be visible. Then I find out they stop work at 2pm (WTF?!!!!!) on a Friday. Let's see what Monday brings when I talk to them less calmly than last time.
-
Kitchen installed and bathroom almost done.
BotusBuild commented on Susie's blog entry in The Old Cow Shed
Would have looked even better with one of David's cars there 😉 -
Appliance water supply connection height
BotusBuild replied to MortarThePoint's topic in General Plumbing
Usually one right angle which fits on the back of the appliance. -
Kitchen installed and bathroom almost done.
BotusBuild commented on Susie's blog entry in The Old Cow Shed
Susie and David, That is coming along really well. Well done with the wet room and kitchen - both looking very nice. Susie, take care of yourself and don't rush back into it if you're not fully fit. Get well soon. -
Clarifying. The "wall" was dryer than standard. Then he upped the water to get to right mix. Levelling the "wall" was hard work in the heat, but it has all set off well and no cracks (that i can see throught the current muddy puddle!!) See above about my want for level. Its not got to be billiard table, but better than it is.
