Decoupling Matt

nod

I’m busy for the next two weekends tiling the four bathrooms 

My wife helped me with the matting on the last one and decided to do a couple of rooms today 

Nice neat job I’ll have to show the tilers that work for me I can’t remember them sponging  all the joints She’s used 90 m2 yesterday and today Another 110 m2 for her to do next weekend 😁403E8436-B1CA-462F-9E49-88BD438D3D38.thumb.jpeg.050c04f7bbe9e977eedccd5060a3e8c0.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

200m2 of matting?  you have more bathroom area than my entire house.

Just GF 

In doing the bathrooms myself 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

It’s Dura mat I normally use Ditra But my wife found this at £800 for seven rolls Which is nearly twice what pay for Ditra There a 5 mil build up once fixed 

499077A8-1E01-4E86-BFB9-244F67CF0338.jpeg

Edited by nod
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, nod said:

It’s Dura mat I normally use Ditra But my wife found this at £800 for seven rolls Which is nearly twice what pay for Ditra There a 5 mil build up once fixed 

do you mean half what you pay for ditra ? I used Ardex AF 200 plus to stick my Ditra down. I wasn't very impressed with either the coverge or the efficiency. I presume you use tile adhesive  ?

3 minutes ago, Canski said:

do you mean half what you pay for ditra ? I used Ardex AF 200 plus to stick my Ditra down. I wasn't very impressed with either the coverge or the efficiency. I presume you use tile adhesive  ?

I bought some of that stuff too, and forgot about it, so used the same adhesive as what I used for the tiles on top of the mat. Seems to have worked a treat. 

9 hours ago, jayc89 said:

I bought some of that stuff too, and forgot about it, so used the same adhesive as what I used for the tiles on top of the mat. Seems to have worked a treat. 

Yes Ditra is nearly -£200 per 30m2 

Ardex is for timber floors 3 mil notched trowel Expensive But bombproof 

My wife stuck this down with flexi tile adhesive 5 mil notched 

Couldn’t wait for me 

I normally pay my tilers a fiver m2 But she’s getting nothing for jumping the gun 😁

• Haha 1