dpmiller

Down the big long lane...

Love that front door.

31 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Love that front door.

Ta. Yes, I'm well pleased with it. Colour, glazing etc was a joint decision with SWMBO, and the door itself is a bog-standard Apeer composite unit. Even tho the rest of the house has anthracite frames on the outside, I reckoned on the white frame for this as the porch is going to have Z-stone on it and I thought the grey stone and black door needed something to break it up.

Other than the chimneys, the blockwork is DONE! Goodies are trickling in- UFH manifolds are here, and a lovely Compact RCBO CU from SBS arrived thismorning. I've chased NIE for a requote on the electric connection and it'll be here imminently. Anybody got a spare 15m of 25mm split concentric kicking around for my submain?

No word on a timescale for the insulation squad to descend- the apparent shortage of glass- and mineral- fibre insulation currently is holding things up. Ah well, it'll give us a chance to get some tiles on.

Visited the guys up at BPC today to collect a couple of bits of duct that we were in a rush for. Great bunch of fellas, nice to meet them and see round the shop. Heading home after that and the phone rang- delivery from Plugin Solar. Wow, that was pretty fast to get a couple of pallet loads over safely. Panels and tray all look super and thankfully the digger was able to fork them out of the side of the Sprinter they arrived in.

19 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

Visited the guys up at BPC today to collect a couple of bits of duct that we were in a rush for. Great bunch of fellas, nice to meet them and see round the shop. Heading home after that and the phone rang- delivery from Plugin Solar. Wow, that was pretty fast to get a couple of pallet loads over safely. Panels and tray all look super and thankfully the digger was able to fork them out of the side of the Sprinter they arrived in.

Gary is a decent lad.  I met him at his house a good few years ago and always said hello when I went past his stand at the self build show.