Insulhub Isotex Voluntary Liquidation

1 hour ago, nickw said:

Has anyone got anywhere with their bank and claiming money back, or is it the case if paid direct from bank it's def lost?

Another question ...was Insulhub licensed by Isotex?, if so might make a difference, I do think we need to push Isotex in Italy on certain things for sure. I doubt we will get anywhere with how they work there/laws but worth the push to get some clear answers. I realise they have offered 45% discount but would be nice if this was just their opening bid..so to speak.

I’ve been told they sold into InsulHub but not for awhile and are owed money from InsulHub

It’s more certification for the UK I think that needs understanding before than the offer, as if they offer 60% discount but not approved in UK then that’s an issue, no? 

What do they need to have for approved UK banks, insurance, building control etc..

Unless you've started and cannot turn back, I'd just leave the Isotex block exactly where it is, in Italy, and move to an EPS block.

You can add 5 figures on for getting wood-crete airtight, and months of delays getting the interior done if you're not building through the summer.

Ok if you've got time on your hands, and an unlimited supply of Passive Purple, but if you're paying a builder to do it you'll be spending a small fortune putting lipstick onto a pig ( of a block ).

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Unless you've started and cannot turn back, I'd just leave the Isotex block exactly where it is, in Italy, and move to an EPS block.

You can add 5 figures on for getting wood-crete airtight, and months of delays getting the interior done if you're not building through the summer.

Ok if you've got time on your hands, and an unlimited supply of Passive Purple, but if you're paying a builder to do it you'll be spending a small fortune putting lipstick onto a pig ( of a block ).

These aren't things I have heard from others using (and completing with) isotex. Is this an opinion or fact as lots of people already nervous about next steps.

To answer the earlier comment, I am nowhere near their registered business address, it won't be where they actually are right now and they don't have any listed phone numbers and in reality I have better things to do than sit outside a random place. Hence my original question to see if others were billed by IH contractors ltd or insulhub ltd.

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

I’m close to leaving Isotex yes as may cause me to many problems. 

I’m not crossing off using similar blocks though

I have to disagree with the air tightness, I built in Durisol and my air tightness (sap) test was unreal! I had it carried on on water tightness AND completion of everything. 

Inside had no issues with l, and I used the 170 internal walls. 

From raft to watertight we completed in 10 days so going to EPS which needs different things and fixing to it later is not close to woodcrete blocks (just my view) 

have you built in Woodcrete AND EPS?

• Like 1

Information for those that were/are thinking of a woodcrete build and haven't paid Insulhub.

Durisol will be up and running in the near future as far as I am aware. They will also be making the 380 blocks and addressing the issues of smoother block and size tolerances. I had looked at these originally and only moved onto the isotex ones as they seemed a better finished product. If Durisol does become available soon then this might help out people who are close to deciding but not yet started this route.

For clarity I have no connection to Durisol in any way shape or form, however after a very lengthy call to the new owner he managed to answer questions that Jamie never could or did over many calls. I found him refreshingly open and honest on the things that we discussed and appreciate the time he gave up to speak to me.

6 minutes ago, nickw said:

collate how many members have been affected

Just a thought. Would it be effective for those involved to set up a Whatsapp group. I think it remains totally private so any tactics etc and discussions of names and incidents would not be visible to the other side.

• Like 1

I am currently in touch with about 20 other creditors by email . There is talk of a Teams call on Monday evening to talk about possibility of a joint creditors action . No chance of getting any money out of the liquidator but we could try and take action against the Director if it is proved that there has been fraudulent trading of preference given to other creditors or non repayment of directors loan 

12 minutes ago, Pea Pod said:

I am currently in touch with about 20 other creditors by email . There is talk of a Teams call on Monday evening to talk about possibility of a joint creditors action . No chance of getting any money out of the liquidator but we could try and take action against the Director if it is proved that there has been fraudulent trading of preference given to other creditors or non repayment of directors loan 

I'm under the impression that if money is taken for a particular purpose ie blocks and the company then reneges on that contract and uses that money for something entirely different then it is fraud.....maybe someone with legal experience could give their expertise. 

1 hour ago, saveasteading said:

Just a thought. Would it be effective for those involved to set up a Whatsapp group. I think it remains totally private so any tactics etc and discussions of names and incidents would not be visible to the other side.

The Facebook group will be private from tomorrow or Sunday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pea Pod said:

@Pea Pod Have you joined the Facebook Group I’m sure there will some members on there you may not know about who’d be happy to join 

19 hours ago, SB2023 said:

These aren't things I have heard from others using (and completing with) isotex. Is this an opinion or fact as lots of people already nervous about next steps.

I very rarely state an opinion, and I think it would prudent to reinforce that what I say is FACTUAL as far as I believe it to be, based on real life, hands-on experience gained from working with / alongside the "things" I discuss. 8 years hands-on with PH and all the various systems out there, FYI.

I am only posting these comments because of the fragility of the situation, and certainly am not entering into assumptions or conjecture to add to it. FYFI, I have already offered an olive branch to several members by PM, FOC / in my own 'spare' time ( in an attempt to help them avoid falling any further ) to offer more comprehensive explanations of my comments, directly.

ANY woodcrete system is problematic, as the block is essentially coarse Weetabix and completely open pore. This has significant issues with taking in rain and conveying that to the interior skin of the block, and causes huge problems in attaining AT qualities. FACT. Durisol and Isotex even more so, as the two leaves are connected by woodcrete and pass air and water through the concrete layer. 👎. Velox uses metal ties, so the concrete core is as close to 100% fill as you'll get.

Jamie previously contacted me via WhatsApp to ask that I remove a comment directed at the Isotex block, as it had apparently caused a client to request their deposit back, based upon reading my comments here. I had made a mistake, so did so. The mistake was that I hadn't generalised my comment and used the term woodcrete vs Isotex in that instance. I apologised to Jamie, removed my comment, and then set about observing far more concise wording to separate out issue vs manufacturer / product from that time forwards. The point, and the FACTS, remained the same however, so it is essentially academic of how these differing qualities / flaws rise to the surface, afaic. "It is what it is", pointless squabbling about it.

@IanMcP , @Renegade105 and @Russell griffiths can attest to the uniformity and benefits of building with EPS based ICF systems ( see, I didn't say Nudura once there ;) #reformedcharacter ) and the results they've achieved with it. 

The olive branch remains extended.

56 minutes ago, CarbonGiraffe said:

Does anyone remember a company that ran under the name: CRS Future build?

https://www.homebuilding.co.uk/sourcebook/company/crs-future-build

Apologies, but does this have any direct relevance here?

Jamie was involved in the company back in Durisol days

Again, ditto.

and that’s who invoices is for the build..

Please explain what this refers to? And where, when etc?

After a prod by @SteamyTea, I agreed to write a post about Due Diligence. The end-in-mind is to produce a 'list' of things that we can do to lower the risk self-builders take when buying valuable items during the build. And maybe 'pin' that list so that its available for all to review before they buy expensive items for their build.

I'm on with that task, and in doing so I've read and re-read this thread a few times .  It's striking that in the entire thread, the only mention of Diligence is made  in relation to the Official Receiver. And none in relation to the original purchases made.

It would help me help us all if those involved in this sad affaire could let us know what Due Diligence they did before buying the product involved please.

I ask because its relatively easy for me to list what Due Diligence involves: a few hours reading and then writing a summary. But that's just theory: and we aren't about mere theory. 

It would be helpful if contributors could describe what they did to reduce the risk of purchase in this case. Did you contact the provider's other clients, did you ring anyone for information, did you visit other builds using similar products, did you research the company - if so how? How useful was the information?  Were you put off purchasing from this provider? If so, why?

Maybe you have your own informal way of checking companies out: would you be prepared to share that information please?

I understand that there is a good deal of pain and loss wrapped up in the posts members make here. And that might lead to reluctance to post. If you feel able, then PM me an answer and - suitably anonymised -  I will include it in the thread.

If its easier, PM me or we can chat on the phone.

49 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

After a prod by @SteamyTea, I agreed to write a post about Due Diligence.

Brilliant.

You have already done a good write up about using woodcrete ICFs, which should have been enough to put everyone off, but then, having just had a long conversations, again, again, again, about my coffee drinking mate's Mother's heating (he is still convinced that a more expensive, oil filled, resistance heater is going to be cheaper to run than just a cheap panel resistance heater), the old joke about the difference between a drum machine and a lead guitarist comes to mind.

With a drum machine, you only have to punch the tune in once.

On 15/04/2023 at 11:37, Nickfromwales said:

I very rarely state an opinion, and I think it would prudent to reinforce that what I say is FACTUAL as far as I believe it to be, based on real life, hands-on experience gained from working with / alongside the "things" I discuss. 8 years hands-on with PH and all the various systems out there, FYI.

I am only posting these comments because of the fragility of the situation, and certainly am not entering into assumptions or conjecture to add to it. FYFI, I have already offered an olive branch to several members by PM, FOC / in my own 'spare' time ( in an attempt to help them avoid falling any further ) to offer more comprehensive explanations of my comments, directly.

This clarification is really helpful for those of us with little history on this forum, thank you.

It makes me feel as each hour goes by that we perhaps were "lucky" to only lose our block deposit (and architect setting out fees and structural engineer fees!) and have a chance to look again at our build method.

• Like 1