They try again how can we stop them

It's got to be time to rig some trip alarm mines around the place, I think.  If these guys are so persistent and brazen I suspect that only something seriously scary is going to dissuade them.  Trip mines are pretty cheap and safe (if rigged properly): http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2964

This is awful! Do you own the land on which the perpetrators car is parked? If so why not put one of those mines underneath it or get one of those hydraulic bollards that comes out of the ground, when they trip the garden alarm the bollard comes up under the car or just in front of it preventing a get away.

12 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

This is awful! Do you own the land on which the perpetrators car is parked? If so why not put one of those mines underneath it or get one of those hydraulic bollards that comes out of the ground, when they trip the garden alarm the bollard comes up under the car or just in front of it preventing a get away.

Or accidentally spill a box of nails there.

Have graves for the f***ers ready dug I say. Get a vantage point wait for him to nick something and get him in the back of the head. B'STARDS! I bet the police couldn't give a toss either :(

Is that horse trailer always parked in the same place ..?? If so, can you rig a camera in there or even get one of the wildlife cameras ..? And do you have CCTV signs - seem to be a deterrent. 

I've got some crossbow plans if anyone wants them!

So what if you get a decent picture. Your word against his, he was only looking for odd jobs etc. 

Police not interested round my way. TWO DAYS for CID to attend to 80 year old neighbours when burglared.

Viva Tony Martin I say.

You can see him start to pick up the level when he saw me running towards him.

According to Thames Valley Police this is not an offence. So you can enter a property as a trespasser damaging the gates, remove a bag on top of a laser level that was keeping it dry and go to pick it up, make off when challenged and drive off at speed. They are then given the index number, colour and type of car, as well as CCTV showing this from three different angles. Good description and colour of his clothing etc

The car will have triggered the ANPR half a mile down the road.

My law is not that rusty and it is an attempt theft as their actions are more than preparatory. 

Police not interested, and will not visit

End of August i will be seeing the Police and Crime commissioner at a party. Guess what i will be speaking to him about

I do have some insight into why they are so bad and its not that they have been subject to cuts. A lot to do with who they now recruit, and that they now focus so much on risk and social services type work crime takes a back seat

Guest Alphonsox

Do not wait for the party. Write a formal complaint to the Police and Crime Commissioner -  I have a cousin who is one (not something I usually admit to). Every social engagement is a constant stream of people moaning at him - "in one ear, out the other" as far as I can tell. A formal bit of paper is a lot harder to ignore.

I would go full John Rambo and make a camouflage hide and lie in wait. When the moment arrives he would get the shat scared out of him when I pounce out in fatigues with the war paint on and a hatchet in my hand and give him the due care and attention he needs. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

I would go full John Rambo and make a camouflage hide and lie in wait. When the moment arrives he would get the shat scared out of him when I pounce out in fatigues with the war paint on and a hatchet in my hand and give him the due care and attention he needs. 

I was going to post similar tactics but got worried about how far i was willing to take things :D

Our planners did not want a high fence at the front, however i would have liked a 2m high iron railings and brick columns, fence and gates. I report every incursion so have evidence to justify an application on crime prevention grounds.( if that's a reason?)

Good thing is we know they are there and i am happy to confront them, but its frustrating that 14 weeks on the house is not secure due to the windows not being fitted correctly so we cannot risk buying in any equipment.