Bath Surround / Boxing In, and concealed pipework

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

That inside the wall loo roll dispenser does nt seem to have an indicator of the stock level.

If you are going to do it...

Ferdinand

YOU do like to complicate things! xD

Seriously though I was thinking on these lines (7 segment LED etc) but I think the easiest is just a subtle LED that comes on when you've one or two in the magazine. Could be a simple whisker switch held off by the 3rd roll in the mag. When that drops, leaving two, the LED comes on.

Edited by Onoff

Just trying to avoid you having to go to Sainsbury's with dodgy kecks. 

Personally I have a roll spike and a shelf in a cupboard. Do not think I am the one over complicating things.

Why not have them on a spit like a Rolodex? Or around the rim if a bike wheel like the London Eye?

I am sure there must be a Rolodex person in here wanting to upgrade to a Filofax.

Edited by Ferdinand

6 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Just trying to avoid you having to go to Sainsbury's with dodgy kecks. 

Why not have them on a spit like a Rolodex? Or around the rim if a bike wheel like the London Eye?

Shrődinger's Shat.....without the indicator, until you actually run out there may or may not be a fresh roll... :)

Liking the bike wheel idea.

4 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

And you will need an FCU, isolation switch and waterproof cover for that LED.

If you keep the Loo Rolls in the fridge, the internet-fridge can autotell Tesco to send some more.

So beer fridge below the loo roll holder? 

Getting silly now, this! :)

Got the soil in for the wall hung wc. Shortened the stud wall too.

SAM_4286

Don't know whether just to flood it with expanding foam where the soil comes thru the inner leaf of the cavity and then the DPM I've put on the first 3' of the wall?

SAM_4287

That ragged hole in the DPM  was when I punched through the wall. A bitch to get to now to seal around. I was thinking to neatly cut a 110mm hole in a patch of DPM then take the pipe out. Then slip the patch over the pipe and put it back in etc. Almost wants a BUCKET OF SILICON around it all!

Edited by Onoff

Now jumped onto another wall / corner where the full height storage cupboard will be as you walk through the door:

20161201_194710

20161201_195341

The cupboard "walls" will come off the closely spaced studs on each return.

The old, now redundant, incoming water main pipe can now be taken out.

20161201_195414

This stud wall tapers due to the room being 3" out. The front face of the stud here is 195mm from the old wall behind. (It's 120mm the other end where the soil pipe exits).

20161201_195352

Originally I had envisaged putting a VCL over the front face of the studs like on all the other walls and having an access panel to get to the stopcock. But now, with this pipework going it seems a pity to waste all this space. I was thinking maybe to line this all with the continuous VCL, plasterboard over it and put shelves in there?

Any ideas?

Might be a tad clearer once the projecting stud wall is up.

Edited by Onoff

With the cupboard stud wall in loose and some strategically placed tool boxes to represent the wall hung wc I'm not so sure now about the loo roll holder position!

2016-12-03_06-33-49

It'll be a bit of a reach around to grab the loo roll. No way it can go dead centre of the wall.

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Only now catching up on your "bog mini-blog" ??

You ever watch "Fast 'n' Loud"....? Change the 'beer assistant' for a 'bog-roll assistant' maybe? ?

I might steal "Bog Mini Blog" and change the name of this thread!

I might whack another vertical stud in, spaced at about a roll's width in case I progress the loo roll stacking system!

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

I might steal "Bog Mini Blog" and change the name of this thread!

I shit you not, I was in the process of thinking up something appropriate to add to the title, to pay homage to the efforts you've made in documenting your "journéy dù crappér" ( that's French for toilet adventure btw ) and the delights held within. 

I think it's due for an amendment.......  ;)

Id leave the void empty, and consider a chrome plated 'magazine' that relies purely on gravity. Loaded from the bottom, and dispenses from the bottom, with a slight trough at the bottom to hold the next roll from popping out. You'll still need a loo-roll 'holder' though, as I think an all-in-one device may be a bit tricky to make work AND not look chavvy. 

Why not just fit a bidet, and then do a handstand under the body drier to finish off ?

??. 

You have incorporated the SEF (Stool Examination Facility) just in case you have Germanic visitors, haven't you?

"Further research has revealed that the German toilet is in fact designed to facilitate stool examination. This is a wise, healthy practice, argue Germans, a person's best defence against intestinal disease, water-borne parasites or worm-riddled, undercooked pork sausage. "

undefinedY

http://asecular.com/~scott/misc/toilet.htm

Once we have Brexited that could become a European standard.

And you will need to instrument the digestive process by supplying a sweetcorn dispenser, so that transit time can be measured.

Will you be enforcing Sitzpinken?

sitzpinkel_1.gif

I say install a urinal and issue SheWees, at least for your mancave loo.

(At this point Nick's skin starts crawling.)

Ferdinand

(Update: should be Sitzpinkeln - that is a noun not a verb. Thought it looked suspicious)

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

Sitzpinken! :) 

Seriously now.....the stud components as they are, are ready to go in but I need really to noggin it anyway. If I put a single, horizontal noggin half way up I'd lose height for stacked bog rolls. So maybe add a vertical and a horizontal to the wall off of that. That'll give me a full height vertical gap I can noggin later when (if) I install the roll dispenser.

2016-12-04_01-08-48

(loosely) on the subject of French Lavatories, where I lived as a boy there was a coach company called Crappers. And they were.

And on the SEF subject, wait until you turn 50 (In Scotland at least) and every 2 years receive a Bowel Cancer testing kit. No I won't describe what you have to do, just wait and see.

7 minutes ago, ProDave said:

And on the SEF subject, wait until you turn 50 (In Scotland at least) and every 2 years receive a Bowel Cancer testing kit. No I won't describe what you have to do, just wait and see.

Just lost a relative to it. :(