A Game of Draughts

Onoff

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

Bet you're a proper fanny magnet! 😂

I was joking…. I report a few a month. As an eBay seller myself, it gets my back up when businesses start flogging stuff on there to then say ‘final price is plus vat’….. it’s usually second hand plant.

43 minutes ago, Simplysimon said:

really like the illbruck 330 have been going over all joints as well as ingoes (reveals, for the southerners) with the sp925 just to make sure it's airtight. that stuff is a whole different ball game.

...Googles sp295

As there's a skin the other side i.e the non cut side of the foam I'm hoping that will provide the airtightness.

16495266296331617521145.thumb.jpg.928744845a5eb642419bb5c954b5f9b1.jpg

16495266477621589602519.thumb.jpg.a6b1b88770727b4c0572982c0e1dd3a7.jpg

Primer at the ready, got some battens ready too for bracing. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Onoff said:

I rest my case, you must be beating them off with a sh!tty stick! 😂

You should know what I’m like by now, we’ve been members of ‘that other forum’ for long enough…. I thought I recognised your username. 😏

8 hours ago, HughF said:

You should know what I’m like by now, we’ve been members of ‘that other forum’ for long enough…. I thought I recognised your username. 😏

You look different without your flat cap on! 😂

Got the soffit piece up.

Held a piece of Marmox up and drew a line on the frame in pencil. Masking taped to that line or near enough.

Primed the 4 sides with some tile primer about 2:1. Let it get tacky. Foamed upward onto the reveal concentrating on the edge where the window meets the soffit. Then foamed the top, internal corners of the reveals. Did some lines perpendicular to the window about every 300mm.

Held the two soffit pieces up on a board and wedged with some battens down to the sill.

IMG_20220411_213911863.thumb.jpg.a28ae0eef2bd453452ee0c0469a82e7d.jpg

Cocked up a tad as the little infill piece on the top right, is at a slight angle. I used the bottom of the masking tape as my guide. In the crap light last night I thought it was the frame! 😤 Plaster should hide it OK. 

9 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

when fitting a piece of board use a spirit level instead of the board to keep it stiff and straight

is this about fitting really, or 

14 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Grinder 

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Like 1