Bargain of this year!

canalsiderenovation

You'll remember our quote for ideas for our dressing room/walk in wardrobe being about £7k purpose built. Ikea PAX was coming in a about £2k for just the frames plus we wanted island, dressing table etc and it didn't quite fit our space.

Have just got around 10 metres of Porcelanosa walk in wardrobe/dressing room units plus 1.2m island and dressing table for £1000. It's more units than what we need but we can adjust the configuration to suit and due to the height I'm thinking they will need to go through our windows (good job it's a bungalow) and potentially hacked in/may need magic man to sort out any minor marks. Hopefully won't be noticable when they are fitted.

Unfortunately didn't include the granite island top and dressing table granite top but we can explore alternatives to use as worktops.

So excited!!!!!

• Like 3

Just now, Bonner said:

Do tell, where did you find such a bargain Ebay, FB market?

A very poorly advertised item on t'internet that didn't mention the make in it but we went to look at it 3 hours away, original invoice was close to £40k. Builder removed items from a swanky house he is working on so presume he had them for free or at a low price and thought he'd take the chance on storing them and selling. Also had some very expensive kitchen appliances that he was told to skip which I guess he will try and flog. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

A very poorly advertised item on t'internet that didn't mention the make in it but we went to look at it 3 hours away, original invoice was close to £40k. Builder removed items from a swanky house he is working on so presume he had them for free or at a low price and thought he'd take the chance on storing them and selling. Also had some very expensive kitchen appliances that he was told to skip which I guess he will try and flog. 

How the other half live hey!

Great find for us normal folk though lol

16 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

How the other half live hey!

Great find for us normal folk though lol

Indeed. I didn't even realise Porcelanosa did walk in wardrobes/fitted dressing rooms. We had our hearth tiles from there and they weren't cheap! 

My only worry is it's not got doors it's an open wardrobe sort and I still think it will look messy but the wife says she is organizing everything by colour and it will look like her Pinterest board of walk in wardrobes, hmmm.

On 05/09/2021 at 18:26, Onoff said:

In the next scene O'Neil and Jackson use the teleporter to transport the bomb to Ra's ship and the ensuing blast destroys the ship in space, along with Ra.

Rings beat public transport any day :)

45 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Our 'ship' has done well this week, we have been up to Llangollen!

Been there, done that, yes lovely place. Did you find looking over the side opposite the path scary?, no fence/barrier and a ,long way down , Pontcysyllte Aqueduct.

Edited by joe90

57 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Been there, done that, yes lovely place. Did you find looking over the side opposite the path scary?, no fence/barrier and a ,long way down , Pontcysyllte Aqueduct.

Very much so, not helped by the fact I had to run over 2-3 times to check it was clear the other way. The 'narrows' up to the basin/marina were challenging too as it was one way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Very much so, not helped by the fact I had to run over 2-3 times to check it was clear the other way. The 'narrows' up to the basin/marina were challenging too as it was one way.

You tend to be okay approaching Llangollen late afternoon, few boats leaving then, and leaving in the morning, few boats arriving then. 

SWMBO went below for the aqueduct crossing, the drop on the non towpath side frightened her.  But I did persuade her to then walk along the towpath to the middle of the aqueduct.

• 1 month later...

Here it is, less than £1700 all in with the quartz worktops, wardrobes and fitting. Only minor gripe is that as our dressing table was in a slightly different place than it was originally fitted and connected to things and as we don't have it connected to anything you can see where the skirting was cut and in hindsight we should have had the worktop longer so the joiner could have put an end piece on. There will be a standing mirror there so you won't see it and perhaps we can think of something to put there to cover it.

Needless to say we are putting clothes into something not made of cardboard tonight ?

IMG_20211029_170038.thumb.jpg.bc28bfb8250571e651f1fe7555d851c0.jpg
  • Like 2