Window marks

I put masking paper tape crosses over my windows to avoid them getting broken .

Thought it would be easy to remove ?

I’ve scrubbed , tried cif etc but as you can see the imagine of a cross remains . ?

67B669C5-3C50-41E6-A7F9-F23DE4891552.jpeg

4804B024-2C72-4E16-8C70-E17260CB1F85.jpeg

31 minutes ago, pocster said:

I’ve scrubbed , tried cif etc but as you can see the imagine of a cross remains . ?

Please don’t use abrasives …

Go and buy a big tin of Multisolve - it will remove the residue. 

23 minutes ago, James Newport said:

The thing is I can’t feel the residue . Even gently used a Stanley knife - nothing . It’s like it’s in the glass rather than on it 

10 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Should have used windolene instead of tape.

In another life I will .

I’ve got lots to do differently in my reincarnated next life . Knowing my (expletive deleted)ing luck I’ll come back as myself 

• Haha 3

Tried to take a photo but of course it doesn’t show up .

ct1 multisolve has done a pretty good job . But it’s still easy to see a cross smear where the tape was - ?

I’ve got 4 of these I may have f up ?

Edited by pocster

I just use baby wipes and then a standard glass cleaner / polish …… I find it hard to believe that the glue on the tape can penetrate the glass….. are the windows coated in something fancy ?  

53 minutes ago, Cpd said:

I just use baby wipes and then a standard glass cleaner / polish …… I find it hard to believe that the glue on the tape can penetrate the glass….. are the windows coated in something fancy ?  

Nope . What is strange is I gave up on one cross and tried another . That one after a bit of elbow grease and multisolve has come up pretty good .

I can only assume I might of used different tape on this window . Going to try the other 2 now ….

Will try the other suggestions on the worst pane .

Edited by pocster

While on sticky labels. I had trouble with Wickes pre-painted mdf skirtings.

The factory (who I think provide multiple retailers) put the reference labels on the good sides.

That refused to come off without taking the paint with it.

Apart from slow, careful, and imperfect peeling, I didn't find a solution and had to touch up, which completely defeats the object.

Any suggestions for another time?

10 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

While on sticky labels. I had trouble with Wickes pre-painted mdf skirtings.

The factory (who I think provide multiple retailers) put the reference labels on the good sides.

That refused to come off without taking the paint with it.

Apart from slow, careful, and imperfect peeling, I didn't find a solution and had to touch up, which completely defeats the object.

Any suggestions for another time?

I’ve had similar. Sticker on the good side ffs ! . Afraid I have no suggestions ?

Wd40 on the worst one has improved it . All I’ve done all day is clean fecking windows !! . 3rd round of wd40 imminent.

Funny isn’t it . Most the time the tape won’t stick for shit to anything . Stick it on some glass and it welds itself to it ?

• Like 1

It may be that you can polish out the last of it.

When we had minor scratches in ou windows, the builder used a glass polishing kit to fix it, might work in this case if it has embedded itself into the glass.

• Thanks 1