Planning rights

Pocster

Hey!

More madness!

Suppose I got planning permission on a property I didn't own.

Then I bought the property; is the planning still valid? i.e. is it attached to the owner or the property??? (i.e. as owner don't want to resubmit application)

Cheers

Watch out for overage covenants. You could end up owing thousands or costing the owner thousands who would then chase you through the court for the costs. Most are 50% of the uplift in value. £10 k without planning £200k with £85 k in overage. Usually the owner pays to old owner but some state its whoever gains planning.

59 minutes ago, pocster said:

Hey!

More madness!

Then I bought the property; is the planning still valid? i.e. is it attached to the owner or the property??? (i.e. as owner don't want to resubmit application)

Cheers

If I were the owner I'd sell to the highest bidder and that might not be you!

If you apply for permission on land you don't own, you have to serve notice on the owner that you have done so.

This is quite normal when buying a building plot. When I found our site, that had planning 30 years ago but was never built on. I made an offer to buy it subject to getting planning permission, and I then submitted the planning application even though we did not own the land yet.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:32, pocster said:

Thanks!

So I can now go and put planning applications in on all my neighbours and really annoy them!!! :D

You can indeed but don't forget the substantial fees. Near us a farmer leased some land to a man who said he wanted it to store machinery. Short while later the man applied for planning permission to put a caravan on the site and live in it! 

Section 24 of the planning application forms requires you to either a) declare you are the owner or b) that you have notified the land owner. Interestingly its the owner on a date 21 days before the application that matters.

Edited by Temp

I have just been told that the caravan club has something called " 5 CL sites" which means a small site with just water supplied and a max of 5 caravans and you don't need planning permission, the caravan club does all the legal stuff with the council. We are going to consider this for part of our meadow as a little earner in our retirement. It will also p**s of our neighbour that objected to everything we are doing as he applied for a caravan site on his land years ago and was refused.?

^^ CL stands for "Certificated Location"

In I think the 1960's when the Caravan Act was first passed (before that you could park a caravan and wild camp just about anywhere) it introduced licenced caravan sites. After representation from the Caravan Club, an exemption was added in the form of "certificated Locations" that allow up to 5 touring caravans at a time to use the site. It doesn't need planning permission but it must be approved by an approved organisation such as the Caravan Club or also the Camping & Caravan club.

Google found this..

https://www.pitchup.com/how-start-campsite-caravan-park/

In addition, certain recreation organisations, such as the Scout Association, Caravan Club, Camping and Caravanning Club and Freedom Camping, benefit from

exemptions from the camping or caravan site licensing requirements. For example, the two Clubs can permit 'certified locations' (CLs) and 'certificated sites' (CSs), which operate without a site licence but subject to a Club-members-only policy.

and then.

Planning permission for use as a caravan site is not required is where a caravan site licence is not also required. An exception to this is winter accommodation for travelling showmen, which does not require a caravan site licence but does require planning permission!

Elsewhere it suggests the rules for camping in tents is more restrictive than for caravans.

Interesting... but I presume any facilities blocks would still need PP and a building warrant? And normal requirements apply for road access? So only really of use to someone who has an existing road access into a field, and is looking to attract people who are happy to be, erm, self contained when it comes to their ablutions.

With regard a 5CL site that I was interested in,they are not allowed on residential land, access must be good, water and toilet disposal point must be provided BUT noticed this connected to a septic tank is not allowed, I need to find out if they DO allow  it connected to a treatment plant ( like wot I am having) . 5CL sites don't usually have amenity blocks.

4 minutes ago, joe90 said:

With regard a 5CL site that I was interested in,they are not allowed on residential land, access must be good, water and toilet disposal point must be provided BUT noticed this connected to a septic tank is not allowed, I need to find out if they DO allow  it connected to a treatment plant ( like wot I am having) . 5CL sites don't usually have amenity blocks.

you may not wish to have it connected to your treatment tank as the blue liquid is, i think, quite sore on bacteria. there are now bio liquids but you would need to be careful

simon

No - but they can let you dump to a cesspool if its only for Elsan emptying. Thetford Bloo and the other liquids will knock out a treatment plant or septic tank although there is no requirement for the emptying point to be any more than just that, a secure container for emptying waste.....

On 22/01/2017 at 10:18, pocster said:

Hey!

More madness!

Cheers

I still can't decide whether this is a wind up by Mr "My tackle is as big as a 6 pack of Walkers Crisps. Honest."

But if you try to do that you *must* have a watertight conditional purchase agreement in place *first*.

Otherwise you gift somebody 10s of k in the value you add to their property, which they can exploit as they will.

Edited by Ferdinand