Extension- Last Stuff.

@PeterStarck ok then im very jealous of your house. I still couldnt have heating on overnight tho, i like a thick duvet and actually a coldish room overnight: i always have a window open, often in winter, but ive never had that back core cold until this room.. with no window open, and 7* outside.

Anyway its 03.25 and im woken 2.30, same noise, 3 rooms away annoying, audible, incessantly on off. Vaillant guy came yesyerday added something to stop it.. so another visit re. this that did nothing at all. So im at the end of the line with it, it has to be removed. Ive never hadsuch an awful experience as this.

Just caught up on this thread after leaving it alone for a few days.......... I worry I have some sort of twisted addiction by my repeated visits.......  the solution is well above my pay grade but living in a house that is far worse that the one in question it does capture my interest ....  mostly for the wrong reasons though. 

• Haha 1

Just now, joe90 said:

@zoothorn, you say it was installed under some gov grant or whatever, you should give them your feedback so they don’t waste their money with other people if this heating is so crap,!

Ive too much to consider/ tackle to think of this yet joe.

Yet another Vaillant visit friday. FFS. Agreed to fit a muffler (this reduces daytime compressor > into house drone) and to see about main overnight noise, again. Two engineers, both most senior, both been here before individually.. & Ive asked them about it, to pls fix it & only got "it shouldn't do it" from both & off they went. I said to renewables who phoned me telling me of visit friday (me demanding someone call me asap at 5.30am), & they'll reset whole thing time wrong to trick it into producing the noise (they hope.. desperately). A good idea I said, apart from fact that unless its 4* outside min, it will not do it. So wtf is the point. And so yet another visit without it fixed.

I DEMANDED very firmly, again, this not just be 'discussed' in UK, but if the Q of "what is it doing" (& therefore I said once answered, how is it stopped doing it) but taken to Vaillant enginneers De, & that if this Q isn't answered prior to the visit... then there's little point to it, & I'll be left high & dry again, with just a token gesture my day noise better. I'll still have to remove the whole thing.

I can -tell- I'll have 2 big engineers here, them vs me "pressure". Im sure thats why two here. They'll go over everything & conclude "its all as it should be" suggesting everyone else must put up with whatever the noise is Im talking about (infuriatingly, it can never be innitiated when an engineer here, bc the temp hasn't been low enough outside for it to trip into this "purge mode" wretched, continuous 'cycle'). And I'm again left with it.

The only straw I have, is the Vaillant enginneer yesterday (whom I showed my ipad clip to, on/ off at 3am, mic picking up the noise enough) who said "i recognise the noise, its doing a purge mode, pump ramps right up into highest 'gear' on on on, then down to lowest gear " as it does idling away, back up to highest gear.... ad nauseum on/off/on continually driving you utterly mad (2.30 last night to 6.35am).

So this Vaillant guy put an approximate name to it. Agreed it shouldn't be doing it overnight. Other two engineers agree shouldn't be doing it, installers all agree too. Vaillant renewables tech team, all 3 of them agree. But still what its doing.. unanswered. Let alone how to make it stop.

I cannot cope with anymore of this. I certainly cannot cope with 2 engineers here on friday putting pressure on me to accept its just what it does/ 'it all checks out working fine'.

1 hour ago, Declan52 said:

If it doesn't do it during the day and only at night then can you change the  time clock so it's 12 hrs out. It would mean it's doing this purge in the afternoon and you get some sleep.

Hi Declan- thanks for reading my post. Im really desperate for help now- Im really worried Im going to be left with this > the only course then being take out vrc700 (still dont know what this box is) & cylinder which Im told has to go near, re-position farthest away from bedrooms, taking up whole of my UT room > meaning no UT room, no washing machine.. all at my cost. Im really concerned now.

No, unfortunately the wretched thing went on @ 4.45pm, once 3 days ago: my heart sank when I heard it, coinciding clearly with this being 1st cold 4* early evening since install, because this will happen now also during the day, getting more frequent as the winter progresses (both more frequently in the day, and also the night: last night it was on all the time bar 2 hrs I slept 12.30-2.30am. Its extremely irritating during the day, far moreso than the audible annoying drone of compressor, one reason being it ramps up.... high gear.... ramps down... idles.... ramps up.... etc on/off/on... its infuriating, but during the night, waking you & then keeping you awake.. its 3x worse/ its far worse.

It reminds me of/ best eg, is a handheld hairdryer on... off... on... off... 3mins on, 3 mins off.. for 4 hours. Its approx that loud, similar electric motor noise.

The HW "create" period (i still dont know what this is called) one of two, 12-1pm, and 5-6pm, kicked into gear at 5pm. This seemed to make it stop thank god.

So its only tied to outside temp dropping to 4* or under. Why on earth this fkn noise eminating SOLELY from the inside vrc700 (& pipes onward & to cylinder.. its even heard in rads too, just, far end of house) why if everything in the room its in is @ 15.5* as it was 2.30am, why anything -inside- has to get turned on coinciding with the -outside- temp dropping.. is as much a mystery as to what its actually doing. This has been concurred/ agreed with by Vaillant engineers, & installer engineers when here.

Im desperate for help, just 1st, as to what it is doing. Then pass this info to vaillant. Then they pass on to germany. Then once its known what its doing, it SURELY can just be made to stop doing it.

It might be a pain during the day but you can turn the radio up to drown it out. Can't obviously do this at night. 

If they sound stops when it's doing hot water then programme it to do this all night. Take the hit on the electric bill for the sake of your health. You will get some sleep plus your rads should be pretty warm after running all night. 

41 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

It might be a pain during the day but you can turn the radio up to drown it out. Can't obviously do this at night. 

If they sound stops when it's doing hot water then programme it to do this all night. Take the hit on the electric bill for the sake of your health. You will get some sleep plus your rads should be pretty warm after running all night. 

hi Declan, that's a good suggestion.. but for the fact that the compressor on continuosly overnight, is -just- too intrusively noisy in its own right, enough to wake you alone. Just/ its alot better now new pump installed mind you. Plus I can't possibly afford to do this.

No its make or break now/ I cant live like this, Ive compromised enough by not having any heat in the morning (having to have heating start 6.30, due to compressor noise I dont want to be woken by > rads only get hot from 8am on/ useless), so I cant do this too. Im giving it every last chance, even emailing germany myself (no reply) trying to get hold of an engineer [someone -has- to know what its doing, why, & so make it stop].

Im certain Vaillant are either proposing the refrigerant silencer they say they'll put on foc on friday, A) a "solution" to the totally separate vrc700 overnight noise, which it cannot ever be a solution for, or B) a token gesture & won't help me further.. saying 'we helped him with noise many times even fitting a silencer' if I continue to demand the vrc700 overnight noise be abated asap.

1 hour ago, Declan52 said:

At the moment how long per day is it running in heating mode and if it's separate producing hot water??

From 6.30am to 9pm heating (mostly @ 18.5* apart from 1st thing, & ev @ 22*).

HW. 12pm-1pm HW, 5-6pm. This was set by Vaillant guy asking me how I live, and bearing in mind the compressor noise I want ending as soon as possible I said (hence heating ending early @9pm).. so must be some logic to it.

----

As Im not getting any warmth 1st thing AM for unknown reasons, seems little point having it on: in which case I -could- turn the whole shebang off @ big red dial back of cupboard at 9pm (or at consumer unit).. turn on when I get up: but what about HW, & winter low overnight temps for the hardware? utterly hateful thing. But as I'm getting little benefit during day & evening, may as well turn it off altogether, or just for HW.

Ridiculous I should be even considering this & if I'm even doing so, I think its nffpurpose.

15 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

From 6.30am to 9pm heating (mostly @ 18.5* apart from 1st thing, & ev @ 22*).

HW. 12pm-1pm HW, 5-6pm. This was set by Vaillant guy asking me how I live, and bearing in mind the compressor noise I want ending as soon as possible I said (hence heating ending early @9pm).. so must be some logic to it.

----

As Im not getting any warmth 1st thing AM for unknown reasons, seems little point having it on: in which case I -could- turn the whole shebang off @ big red dial back of cupboard at 9pm (or at consumer unit).. turn on when I get up: but what about HW, & winter low overnight temps for the hardware? utterly hateful thing. But as I'm getting little benefit during day & evening, may as well turn it off altogether, or just for HW.

Ridiculous I should be even considering this & if I'm even doing so, I think its nffpurpose.

Then change your time clock by 12hrs so it's running over night and not during the day. If it's running then hopefully it can't/won't do it's purge and you might get some sleep. Might not be the best sleep but might be better than what's going on now.

5 minutes ago, joe90 said:

correct.

So what do I say to 2 big burly engineers on friday, when they pack up saying "all checked out, all as it should be".. "we've just fitted a silencer for you". ?? (The silencer attatching before the trv700 unit, which is making the overnight noise, ie will not make a dent to this noise).

I mean Im inclined, after 6 visits, to put my car across their van & demand this vrc700 noise stopped, with proof, before they go: but they may well say (as 3x happened before) "we've done xyz to settings so sure it won't go on overnight now".

4 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Then change your time clock by 12hrs so it's running over night and not during the day. If it's running then hopefully it can't/won't do it's purge and you might get some sleep. Might not be the best sleep but might be better than what's going on now.

Declan, understand/ good logic to this.. but its doing it during the day now too. And once winter hits, will increace times its doing it during day too.

It does it, regardless of when, only when temp drops below 4*. This has been coinciding with night time only, being autumn, but just the other day (coinciding with 1st cold early evening) it started it up at 4.45pm >>> 6.30pm. I yelled so damn hard.

4 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

Declan, understand/ good logic to this.. but its doing it during the day now too. And once winter hits, will increace times its doing it during day too.

It does it, regardless of when, only when temp drops below 4*. This has been coinciding with night time only, being autumn, but just the other day (coinciding with 1st cold early evening) it started it up at 4.45pm >>> 6.30pm. I yelled so damn hard.

You could just try it for a few nights. What have you got to lose.

28 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

You're beginning to sound like you don't actually want this problem solved! Get the thing taken away - I really don't think keeping it is going to work for you.

I don't understand you- I desperately want this solved. I dont have the choice of taking it away, if its foc & therefore if I were to, Id have to spend £5k putting in a replacement MJN. Im already lumbered with it. Even if it works crap, which it does for me so far, I still dont have an option to just get rid of it.

This is why the panic is on, before friday visit, what do I say? I get distinct impression someone at the top's said 'this guys a pita, just offer him to quel the compressor noise a bit, yes do your best to see if vrc700 noise can be rid by settings, but if not/ so be it- & we're done with him'.

The only avenue I can see.. if I cant get rid of this fkn overnight noise.. is to try & persuade installers Co (yeah right, who wont even answer a call or email to fix the ongoing leak/ pressure issue Im also stuck with) to re-put the problem vrc700 outside. That is, is I build a weatherproof enclosure for it 1st. Then site the cylinder nearby, inside, in my UT room. Maybe squeeze this in + wm.. but likely not: so I have to weigh up if I can do without a whole UT room Id planned to renovate with basin & worktop next to wm. This option sucks (and where it should've been if I knew it was going to be noisy in the 1st place!!). I'll still get intrusive overnight noise into the house via pipes > cylinder > onwards to rads even so. Or more likely I have to spend £3k on doing this.. so its n/a.

Or turn whole thing off at mains each night > turn back on 1st thing, freezing house.

1 minute ago, zoothorn said:

I certainly will Declan. I'll try anything. But if its going on 4.45pm now it does mean the idea is n/a.

Why not. It should be of now and not due to come on till 6:30 going by your post above. Then it will run all night to 9am

1 hour ago, zoothorn said:

So what do I say to 2 big burly engineers on friday

Nothing, they have done what they can but it’s still NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!.  1/ it’s noisy 2/ your cold. As said above your pissed off with it, quite rightly. I would get on to however paid fir it, gov scheme or whatever and tell them it’s NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE  despite many visits by engineers. Hopefully it will stop other “customers” getting the same crap. It’s not as if you have not tried.

Unfortunately it’s circumstances like yours that makes people sceptical of ASHP,s. As was said many pages ago, they are only wrong if designed or installed incorrectly, there are plenty of people like me that are very pleased with theirs.

@PeterStarck 1st temp reading with your diddy thermometre.

15.8*, in new top room (Big room current temp number on thermostat in the spare room =18*). So this is an average day temp I get in here.

@PeterStarck 2nd reading.

In adjacent bedroom to new room (so the one I emigrated from, no insulation, built the new room to keep warm in as this one so damn cold), no radiator on..

15.3*

I would check loft insulation above both rooms but with no heating I wouldn't expect the temperature to be any higher. You really need to have the heating on continuously for some time to get the fabric of the building up to temperature, which you are not able to do.

3 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Unfortunately it’s circumstances like yours that makes people sceptical of ASHP,s. As was said many pages ago, they are only wrong if designed or installed incorrectly, there are plenty of people like me that are very pleased with theirs.

To be fair your house is well insulated. If I lived in Zoots house I wouldn't consider using an ASHP it would be an external oil boiler for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterStarck said:

To be fair your house is well insulated. If I lived in Zoots house I wouldn't consider using an ASHP it would be an external oil boiler for me.

oh I agree, but that’s the “design” bit, using something that’s not fit for it’s purpose should not pass the design stage. A bit like putting a tow bar on a mini and trying to haul a two ton trailer!.

• Like 1