Bathroom starts !

Just now, PeterW said:

The only caveat on mixing whiteware is that white isn’t always white ..! Worth choosing a brand and sticking to it for WC and basin if they are going to be side by side. 

Yup. Deffo get the bog seat from the same supplier as the pan. Shapes n colours a plenty otherwise !!  

Good shout, Woody :) 

• Like 1

Ok - more questions .

Once ASHP is in assume I effectively have a hot and cold supply .

Do I just connect these ‘mains in’ to Hep2o manifolds ? Then run 1 hot or cold pipe to every source ?

If so should I run 15 or 22mm from manifolds ?

How do the manifolds join together ? As I’m going to need a lot !

I see some manifolds are copper hep2o others just plastic and cheaper - does it matter ??

Edited by pocster

Schlüter stuff seems recommended with a nice price tag of course .

So !

walk in shower form tray 

water proof kit ( presumably de coupling tile sheet goes ontop this )

Aquapanel or similar board for the walls ( should I use this on the ceiling also ) ??

Sounds easy (ish) enough - not sure why @Onoffmade such a meal of it ?

• Thanks 1

No

6 hours ago, pocster said:

Sounds easy (ish) enough - not sure why @Onoffmade such a meal of it ?

To fill your empty lives. ?Subconsciously you've taken it all in, it's why it's a doddle now!

No need for AP on the ceiling. I used in the wet room corner full height and behind the wc. Mrpb ( moisture resistant plasterboard ) everywhere else.

6 minutes ago, Onoff said:

No

To fill your empty lives. ?Subconsciously you've taken it all in, it's why it's a doddle now!

No need for AP on the ceiling. I used in the wet room corner full height and behind the wc. Mrpb everywhere else.

Oi @Onoff stop using technical words like ‘sole plate ‘ and now ‘mrpb’ - I can only guess that’s moisture resistant plasterboard . But yes ; I post just so this forum has content . Really admin should be paying us !!! ££££££££

6 minutes ago, pocster said:

Oi @Onoff stop using technical words like ‘sole plate ‘ and now ‘mrpb’ - I can only guess that’s moisture resistant plasterboard . But yes ; I post just so this forum has content . Really admin should be paying us !!! ££££££££

Your content is worth exactly what you can sell it for...

Interested how that compares to the walk-on windows.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Sad 1

I obviously did a secret under the table deal with admin to provide content for the site . They requested threads on my attempts at bathrooms , kitchens etc. - even just screwing 2 bits of wood together relatively straight . As @PeterW said in his private message to me

” What’s Netflix without content ? ; it’s nothing . Membership to the site has increased because of your and @Onoff‘s benign efforts at workmanship. As you know once we reach our target membership our intentions are to sell the site whilst paying you our agreed percentage for your efforts . It would be of great benefit if you could f’up some more glazing , leaky toilets or just do something really stupid like extend your underground utopia . Yours Faithfully The Management “

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, pocster said:

I've a load of those you're welcome to if you want. Was going to send to zoot for his kitchen but he did something else.

(Plus I was worried about putting a return address on).

• Like 1

On 29/09/2019 at 15:42, pocster said:

So popped into bathstore to get a likely layout and pricing ....

7C1C90B3-2C0F-4EF6-B9E8-076DD6479FF1.jpeg

21201B27-CAA0-47E2-8E1E-F86260F59B15.jpeg

7B84B7C4-74B5-475B-841D-634D16490151.jpeg

How will you clean behind the bath? Problem with standalone baths in a corne.

Just asking...

Edited by Ferdinand

23 minutes ago, pocster said:

You don’t . So shit , hair and wine corks pile up there !

Presumably one blows it out with an air hose once every 5 years.

At which point you notice how greyer your downstairs hair is than it was 5 years ago, and Mrs Pocster has a good giggle.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

How will you clean behind the bath? Problem with standalone baths in a corne.

Just asking...

SWMBO delegates that task to HWMBO who then adapts a standard floor mop to go around a corner to achieve the required cleaning function.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

SWMBO delegates that task to HWMBO who then adapts a standard floor mop to go around a corner to achieve the required cleaning function.

One can always fit a bath that fills the for corner,and avoid all the fuss :ph34r:.

2C22B9CF-63D0-44EB-98D9-689CB255AD00.thumb.jpeg.cc10d12c67e7863a28be4bbe38bd2fb0.jpeg

Note to @Onoff My bathroom will be taking 12 working days to finish, including a totally new floor and ufh.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

One can always fit a bath that fills the for corner,and avoid all the fuss :ph34r:.

2C22B9CF-63D0-44EB-98D9-689CB255AD00.thumb.jpeg.cc10d12c67e7863a28be4bbe38bd2fb0.jpeg

Note to @Onoff My bathroom will be taking 12 working days to finish, including a totally new floor and ufh.

Slacker!

Why's it going to take so long?

• Haha 1

@pocster, allow me to assist you in spending your money:

https://www.tileexperience.co.uk/schluter-kerdi-board-niches?

https://www.wedi.de/en/products/building-systems/shelving-and-cladding/sanwell-niches/

Thermopanel another make.

Of course you could eschew the ready made versions and make your own like all the best people do...

• Like 1