Bathroom starts !

This is.why I love this forum ! . Didn’t even know that was possible . As I’m installing the mvhr as we speak much appreciated ! . My issue is at 120cm i’m Over the ufh so can’t bolt the timber frame to the floor - as I mentioned photos to follow to show !!

1 minute ago, pocster said:

This is.why I love this forum ! . Didn’t even know that was possible . As I’m installing the mvhr as we speak much appreciated ! . My issue is at 120cm i’m Over the ufh so can’t bolt the timber frame to the floor - as I mentioned photos to follow to show !!

Length of 2" deep timber, (same width as vertical battens) glued to the floor maybe, pushing against existing stud wall. Geberit frame feet screwed into that?

@Nickfromwales.....help!

Pretty sure some on here have used the odour extract facility...

• Like 1

You don’t need to bolt the frame to the floor. Glue the sole plate down, then use angle brackets to hold the frame back against the wall. 

I’ve got a full set of Geberit wall hold back bolts and fixings somewhere as I build between the studs. The weight on the bottom holds it down

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

You don’t need to bolt the frame to the floor. Glue the sole plate down, then use angle brackets to hold the frame back against the wall. 

I’ve got a full set of Geberit wall hold back bolts and fixings somewhere as I build between the studs. The weight on the bottom holds it down

Superb ! . I’ll stick some photos up anyway just so you can all see ! . But yes ; might aswell go to 120cm and have odour extraction .

Btw, I'm pretty certain now my diy extract system, following Jeremy's lead is working. Doesn't maybe clear the sometimes explosive, initial "release of gas" but all good thereafter.

The planned inline pc fan should provide an extra boost (poost? ? ).

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Btw, I'm pretty certain now my diy extract system, following Jeremy's lead is working. Doesn't maybe clear the sometimes explosive, initial "release of gas" but all good thereafter.

The planned inline pc fan should provide an extra boost (poost? ? ).

@Onoff you are behind the times and should retro fit mvhr . Get with it dude - misses will understand (not) ?

My stud walls were built first and attach in essence only to the ceiling and walls. Floor was poured after the stud walls were done.

When I was playing with how the frame was going to go in I sat it on the floating sole plate of the stud wall.

SAM_4947

I then though notched out the sole plate and screwed to the concrete floor. I didn't have UFH close to the edge though:

2017-07-16_04-47-01

I was lucky depth wise as where my frame went was an old doorway I blocked up (with 9" blocks). The depth is so great I resin anchored studs into the back wall and used hex extenders:

20170305_215653

Just found this old pic looking through where the new bathroom door is  through where the old doorway was into the cloak in the hall:

P1200037

P1210068

Glad to say its changed a bit! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Meinst du Grohe ? Hier, Junge.

No, I remembered after I posted it's Abacus (I think). Look very similar down to the Geberit blue of the frame. So much so I think Geberit tried to go legal on them. The flush mechanisms look near interchangeable. Half recall the quality isn't so good.

These WERE a steal if you have the depth. Same as mine. I bought one so have 3 the same now, a mate got one and possibly some on here too. Sold out now:

https://www.pcsclearance.co.uk/save-170-geberit-duofix-wc-frame-with-up200-concealed-cistern---model-111292001-562-p.asp

They do do the Omega frame though. It's quite tall mind and no odour take off:

https://www.pcsclearance.co.uk/geberit---duofix-1120mm-wall-hung-wc-toilet-frame-with-120mm-omega-cistern-644-p.asp

Right 

bpc who have been so good - think linking the pan extraction to the mvhr is plain wrong . One as stated the seal needs to be broken to allow this and also the volume of extraction at the pan will be limited . Am I correct extraction only occurs on flushing therefore isn’t permanent? - of course they want it permanent. I think they were concerned about combining 2 different things together . So on their advice I think i’ll Leave it as is ....

No seals are impacted at all by doing this.  The idea is simply to ventilate the air space in the pan, and this is always directly connected to the flush pipe, and also to the air space above the water in the cistern.

I suggest the BPC people need to go and take a look at how a toilet works...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Right 

bpc who have been so good - think linking the pan extraction to the mvhr is plain wrong . One as stated the seal needs to be broken to allow this and also the volume of extraction at the pan will be limited . Am I correct extraction only occurs on flushing therefore isn’t permanent? - of course they want it permanent. I think they were concerned about combining 2 different things together . So on their advice I think i’ll Leave it as is ....

Extraction is constant if connected to your MVHR. 

Even with mine (no MVHR), pan extraction starts as soon as the main extract fan starts, then carries on whilst you're "sitting", flushing and for 15 mins from the moment you start the fan. It's constant if the room humidity is above 65%.

Get your bco to come sniff mine, with and without the pan fan going! 

• Haha 1