Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3600
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Have you seen proper self compacting concrete? Im not just talking about a wet normal concrete. There is 10mm agg, admixtures and fibres in the proper stuff. Ive never had water added to it and the last batch I had came from what was at the time one of the most advanced batching plants in the UK. There was an article about it before a national bought them out.
  2. It is good. Ive never had reason to complain about it. Never had to use SLC on it either its that flat. Always seal my dpm up well as like you say, its runny. Price wise it did used to be getting on for twice the price. But the rep helping you lay it was included in the price with all the gear they bring. It always made economic sense to me.
  3. I dont understand all the hate for self compacting here. Ive used it on every house I've built. Whether its ground bearing slab or being used as a "screed" ontop of b&b. Always had the wagon back right up to the house and pour it in. Rake it about, dapple bar and get the sealer sprayed on. Very flat and has always been level enough as I've always poured to the top of the blockwork at dpc level. Back in the lafarge days they sent a rep/concreter out inc in the price to help you with all the gear. Last lot I had needed to pay a guy to help who the concrete company reccomend. It certainly doesn't do the job for you but its a lot easier and better flowing than normal concrete.
  4. Ive had kommerling before. It didn't seem any better or worse than other upvc profiles. Does it depend on the supplier? Do the foils last as long as the frames or do they deteriorate faster?
  5. Why was yours cut up again?
  6. 🤣 sorry you're right I was but just can't see anyone sending guys out to swap a heat pump on day rate.
  7. Fair point another 10 years probably a lot more guys will have experience of them
  8. Alright in theory, try finding one in practice.
  9. That trax pipe is expensive isnt it. I had a place 40 odd metres from the rd. Standard gas connection is only like 32m max or something round here. I built a dwarf wall at the max length point and split the ducting here thinking was gonna need the trax. The gas guys just took it all the way to the house for me without even asking. There was a comment after about how it was over max length, a drink to all the crew seemed to quiet that!
  10. You're obviously a clever guy but if you seriously think a company are going to send out a plumber and sparks for half a day to switch a heat pump thats insane. Even giving them a full day each I'm not sure its likely. Anyone who does them is going to be that busy creaming money off new installs I can't see them swapping one out on day rate. Anyone who isn't experienced with them and banging them in all the time, then would you really want them swapping it out.
  11. You dont float it they just use a dapple bar all over then spray some sealer on it to stop the water on top evaporating. It certainly takes a lot of labour out of the process. Can also flow quite far with a diy shute, no pump needed in a lot of cases.
  12. Generally 57mm is the thickest standard joinery. You can use a 3deg cutter in a 1/2" router for a leading egde
  13. Ha I know that feeling. I bet every self builder gets that. Sometimes even when you pay Somebody to do a job its worse than you could've done yourself.
  14. I mean unless it was new boards you can't really straighten anything out with finish.
  15. Looks great. What delayed the completion from the 2 yr guess?
  16. I realised the same the other week when I put 150 vs 200mm cavity insulation into AI. The payback periods are insane.
  17. I can see why you don't have any 🤣
  18. How do you control the ventilation @SimonD? Any blog posts? Did @ToughButterCup ever bother fitting mvhr? I know there was a post about not wanting it.
  19. Are the slower chargers better for the batteries even if no fans?
  20. If the gradient is existing then its not your problem. Make sure everything you do upto your connection point is ti the regs then all will be fine. Normally bco would inspect on this I've never had water board come out.
  21. Nobody will make you have mvhr for a score less than 3. There's no mechanism for someone to make you. I've had places before with sub 3 scores and no mechanical ventilation.
  22. Look into the oil ones i think they are quieter for working in sensitive locations. I used to hate the racket the impacts made too but really are effective
  23. Yes US leccy is a lot cheaper than ours. I think california is close to double the national US average leccy cost.
  24. Tony tray no good?
  25. The best thing about slurry you could pretty much add the wash out contents of the mixer to the slurry. Just use shovel if no mixed. Bit of elbow grease its a sloppy mix anyway. Don't add all your water at the start get it mixed first then keep adding water to get consistency you want.
×
×
  • Create New...