Jump to content

Pocster

Members
  • Posts

    14433
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    29

Everything posted by Pocster

  1. Marine ply down - not fixed . Was going to screw it - should I glue aswell ? If so what glue ?
  2. This is all in my man cupboard. Flush cables to the wall is just too much ?. As long as it’s manageable and obvious which cables goes where I’m happy . This cupboard does not need SWMBO approval !! ???
  3. Studded floor almost done - a few infill timber to go in . Is this enough to support the marine ply ?
  4. ? Some cables are crimped as stranded cat5 ; some or keystones as solid core cable . I prefer the patch board as it means the cables won’t hopefully get moved - so any unplugging etc . Done by patch cables ( pre bought ! Didn’t fancy making them )
  5. Almost half the cat5 cable in . Pretty colours help !
  6. The plan was skim yeah ...
  7. Then stop f ing screaming ! Enjoy the torture !!
  8. Ok I have double studded and staggered the walls with insulation . I just assumed ( there’s that word again ) some sound will travel via the ceiling . It’s hard to test even if I plasterboarded the ceilings and wired the speakers as the rooms have no doors . So didn’t want SWMBO complaining later .....
  9. In each room there are tv's and also speakers for whole house audio. My assumption ( not tested yet! ) is that you really don't want to hear the music/tv in the next room. Perhaps the solution is as simple as dense plasterboard for the ceiling....
  10. Perpendicular ?
  11. No rooms above just next to each other ; so flanking
  12. Yeah I've done that for the walls. I just *assume* to insulate the ceiling from noise would be worth the effort and cost....
  13. I'm not looking for 100% noise reduction. More interested in stopping noise transferring from neighbouring rooms such as music/tv etc.
  14. I was going to use standard plasterboard for this . But I’d like additional sound proofing ( not worried about insulation as warm roof above ) . Undoubtedly when I call my builders merchants they won’t have a clue and will suggest ‘thick’ plasterboard or double board it . I’m specifically thinking about bathroom and ensuite - so not sure if moisture resistance is an issue aswell . Any advice welcome !
  15. Well ! The plan of shuttering the ufh screed leaving ‘easy’ space for waste / pipes etc . probably not the best ! Anyway - block infilled the ensuite . Will batten up tomorrow. Then should be able to cut 1 piece of marine ply to cover the lot . Have the shower tray so in theory can position waste hole in ply and through beam & block .
  16. I double checked with my installer and indeed Tesla themselves - no power wall 3 is in development ( not of course ignoring that could change ) There isn’t much cause for one here in the UK - you can usually only use 3.8kw as limited by the grid . So larger storage not really helpful . Even if pv panels came out tomorrow at 40% efficiency ( as opposed to 20% today ) the benefit is limited - charge your battery faster especially in summer . As Tesla the only real improvements for a power wall 3 would be a physically smaller unit and of course a lower price . So the biggest hurdle is actually the grid .
  17. Still not finished ffs ! Sorry @Onoff SWMBO and I went tile shopping today . F’me ! . “I’ll give you trade discount mate ‘ - still had to swap out items for cheaper ones . Why are nice tiles £50 sq m and shite ones £10 sq m ?☺️
  18. Like that glass box ! Just needs some walk on glazing ...
  19. I used a tool less keystone for the 1st time - did cuss a bit . I think it should be faster than crimping .....
  20. So it’s just noisy because of old fan bearings worn ? I.e new fans would be much quieter ??
  21. Uvc ‘s don’t have a pressure gauge though do they ?? - so how do you know there’s an issue ?
  22. Only just powered on the 48 port bridge ( bought off eBay ) rather noisey ! Thought a plane was taking off - that might be an issue ...
  23. No !!!! - I’d cry !!!! It has to be organised otherwise a logistical nightmare
  24. Thanks . Emailed agent to get warranty details from plumbing firm ...
  25. As a precaution have arranged for a plumber to inspect the other flats tank - just in case of issues ....
×
×
  • Create New...