-
Posts
21173 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
206
Everything posted by Onoff
-
Met an old boy on site once who's lead welding was amazing. He was welding lead caps atop concrete plinths. I asked for his card and he just said "Ask for Ted the Lead, everyone knows me". Never found him again.
-
I can't imagine he will be doing oil changes a)himself and b) on such a pristine drive. That's more my bag, on a rough, scalpings covered drive topped off with full 'o nails wood ash!
-
Bow chicka wow wow...
-
Technics, Pioneer, Wharfdale here. Ortofon cartridge. Need a man cave to set it back up. Last time I played a "record" I forgot you have to turn them over...
-
Motorised, comes down in front of the French doors?
-
Get over yourself and just fit Aico. The end. It's been discussed before.
-
Bet the kids love it when it snows?
-
She's a looker! 👍
-
Of @Adsibob, his missus or the drive?
-
You can get various makes of non slip additive that you add to block paving sealer.
-
For peace of mind give her a couple to chock under the back wheels when she parks!
-
All I can say is she must have a very content, secure existence to be going on about this rather than change her driving skillset etc. Christ, there's bigger problems in the World. "Get out there and practise your hill starts.....after you've done dinner!" Am I coming across as sexist?
-
Any chance of sleeving that COLD valve handle with some blue heatshrink? I won't be able to sleep. 😉
-
That was my thinking. Where it passes over the doorway (the escape route) it'll have to be fixed anyway to the celcon blockwork. I'm feeling guilty as I bought pre made corners.
-
I want to run some 50x50 galv trunking at high level around the garage. First though was to space it say 15/20mm off the underside of the trusses and screw through to the timber wall plate. This to allow space if I ever say plasterboard the garage ceiling. The trunking would sit say 1/4" off the wall plate (on plastic packs), where it passes over the vertical restraint straps etc. A run also has to come down over that restraint strap where the brick pillar meets the Celcon blocks. Fixing to wood, is this a bad idea? (No I didn't have the engine hoist up there to pull an engine out).
-
What about Lidl's Livarno or Miomare stuff? Sounds Italian so must be good... 😉
-
61kg of brass just weighed in. 13kg of clean plumbing brass and 48kg of chrome plated brass, taps, wastes, soap dispensers. The scrappy didn't differentiate. £213 for it at £3500/tonne.
-
That's it, rub it in!
-
My nephew most likely...
-
As if to prove a point... Nephew had a length of 15mm pkastic pipe inside his house. On the mains. Capped off with a compression isolation valve. Meant for a future outside tap. It blew off in the week. Even the insert came out!
-
They should listen and stop slagging you off all the time.
-
Get in it and try.
-
I've put 15mm pipe in galv conduit before. Coming down in the corner of a wall. As a nod to mechanical protection:
-
Once read a book called "A Bomb In The Brain". Think the guy was a war correspondent or something. He had one in the middle of a war zone! Seem to recall it suggesting some folk have the odd artery that's in simple terms built like a vein and can't always handle the pressure. https://www.amazon.com/Bomb-Brain-Science-Surgery-Survival/dp/0380708981
-
My old man had a stroke at 40. Recovered fully and went on to lead a long life. Died a couple of weeks ago aged 93. All the best on your recovery.
