Jump to content

Onoff

Members
  • Posts

    21173
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    206

Everything posted by Onoff

  1. Used to tip an acid over welded stainless brackets to clean the welds up where they were discoloured I recall.
  2. A lot of the better fab shops separate their mild steel production areas from the ali and stainless using a completely different tool set. This to prevent cross contamination. Basically you get bits of mild steel swarf embedded in a grinding disc then use it on ali or st/st where it rusts. Years back we found if we cut M16 304 studs with a 9" cutting disc the end would rust. The thought that it was overheating. The trick was to then "gently" dress the end with a 4 1/2" grinding disc to get rid of the damaged/overheated area. Times have moved on and we now use thinner slitting discs so might not be so much if an issue.
  3. Small villages can be very cliquey. Lots of people with FA else to focus on. Our GP told the truth to a patient and was eventually hounded out. Talk about a pack mentality ganging up on him! Top bloke imo. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086062/amp/Rude-GP-Dr-Richard-Dunn-told-patient-Youll-die-horrible-death.html
  4. Big fan of Jet Blue Plus compound on brass fittings. Suitable in potable fittings too.
  5. I tend to use U-Pol etch primer for most things now. However you might consider Hammerite Special Metals Primer. Looks like a thin red oxide. I've used it on aluminium, copper, galvanised steel and stainless and it's pretty good...despite it being made by Hammerite! ?
  6. What do I love about the lights here? When they're all off and I can't see the sh!t hole and amount of work needed!
  7. Had my first Quinetic switch fail yesterday. 1 gang of a 2 gang switch. It clicks etc like normal but won't pair or make any sign of communicating with the 6A receiver. New switch fitted.
  8. I believe that welding causes changes to the composition of stainless steel.
  9. Lots of places to hide bodies round my way... ?
  10. Don't do it! Take it from someone with a single pipe system (me).
  11. Poor cow, that'd be one either side.
  12. I used dpc, stapled to the timbers, atop the support pads and just angled it a bit as necessary to shed sitting water.
  13. TightVNC? https://www.tightvnc.com/
  14. AnyDesk?
  15. Or a complete new language, Pocsbian has a nice ring to it...
  16. Not fair! First thing I thought of when I read the title and saw it was you.
  17. You can buy handrail, baserail and spindle sections quite easily. For example: https://www.diy.com/departments/building-supplies/stairs-stair-parts/stair-parts/DIY830487.cat To bling up that centre post just route the edge, pin on some mouldings, a combo of both.
  18. I'd be sticking a fake orange planning notice on the pole in the dead of night. New halfway house, traveller pitch etc.
  19. I made mine but then I would...
  20. No burning embers to contend with either, when your lying on the rug in front of it! ?
  21. Bet that kitchen is solid, Schreiber or something like that. All just clicked together with metal brackets.
  22. With gaps such as above and the practice of "foam filling" afterwards, isn't there a danger of the foam bridging the ventilation void across the full width, between the rafter? I mean, you can't see how much it's expanding the other side. Is it an issue?
  23. Me too. I clamped timber either side and used low expansion foam. Worked a treat and no distortion.
  24. An excuse to get the Vaseline out if you haven't any proper silicone grease: http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm
  25. You do realise your elderly neighbour points and says "That's the bloke that's always got wood for me!"
×
×
  • Create New...