-
Posts
1464 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by Tennentslager
-
Are these the self cleaning ones? Erm and related, what on earth can you do to make amends with the other half once you in the dog house...if it's not clean the oven and keep quiet about it until she notices...then lap up all the hot $€℃
-
Floating or Fully Bonded floor over UFH
Tennentslager replied to Stones's topic in Wood & Laminate Flooring
My 22mm reclaimed engineered oak (T&G) was nailed using the specialist brads and tool hired from HSS. No glue or lining, fixed directly to the chipboard sub floor. Fast and easy and it's rock solid. Oh, and that's how it was done previously when it was a floor in a dance studio fitted professionally. I had to cut off the old brads before fitting and there was no glue on the back? -
Build every time, the bought ones are shit.
-
I bought a Rak Ceramics suite a few years ago. Very good price and gerberit flush for the cistern. I'm very happy with it. Stamped all over it and the packaging was *made in the united Arab Emirates* Intrigued I looked it up and there's a giant factory there. Maybe they have done so well they have outsourced some products to Europe...AFAIK it's a middle eastern company that is aiming for a space in the quality end of the market.
-
Making a *love* bench
Tennentslager replied to Tennentslager's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
He said a rustic bench for the garden to give as a Valentine's/anniversary present. Both aren't keen on consumerism and like to make/ recycle everything hey can... It's a bit rough but he very happy? Also rattled together some vegetable beds from old scaffolding boards. -
Making a *love* bench
Tennentslager replied to Tennentslager's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Dave, come on now... It's a Love bench, and there's you talking all hammering posts and all...tut tut He wants to sit looking at the flowers and reading poetry. And, maybe move it now and then?? -
Discount Offers of the Week
Tennentslager replied to Ferdinand's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Exactly, exceptional stuff...used sparingly? once tried it on a greenback (the name I use for the things they sell in ten packs for washing dishes) to scrub some engineered reused flooring and the sponge thingy just melted! Impressive -
Discount Offers of the Week
Tennentslager replied to Ferdinand's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Maybe Walker Timber in Bo'ness but they might not deliver as far south as you... -
Discount Offers of the Week
Tennentslager replied to Ferdinand's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
RE the lidl stuff. Their Baufix brand is exceptional. The thinner I bought melts and cleans almost anything. If you have ever cursed at the gummy resin left behind after peeling a bar code sticker off of an Ikea product, fear no more. One wipe with this stuff and it's gone forever. Smells like stink (pear drop sweetie) but I'm getting another one for spare...top tip? -
Completion Certificate
Tennentslager replied to daiking's topic in House Extensions & Conservatories
Time for a brace of estate agent style photos I think...full editor edition with marketing bullocks captions please...go on you know you want to??? -
That's what he said! Mate wants me to make a Valentine's gift for his squeeze...a love bench...FFS! He has two nice seasoned half tree trunks to work with and has an unreasonable expectation that because I've a chainsaw, I'm some sort of artist. But hey ho, I'm there tomorrow morning and going to try something...help! Attached pic shows the rough plan, any suggestions?
-
Or go the whole hog and make your own... http://www.eastneukglass.com/shop/4578863140/4-DAY-WORKSHOPS My pal Keny runs workshops in Fife or he will make one for you.
-
Rubbish pic as it was getting dark but went for a *hidden* door on the shed...although the hinges spoil the hidden effect just a tad?
-
As per you second paragraph. Kinda most of the cutting in with the base board so that the top board is whole...if possible. It won't always work but my gaps vary by up to 20mm and TBH you'd never notice.
-
-
Forgive the daft question but does a train have a steering wheel? Like I know you can't do a three point turn but what about points... do you just go where they send you?
-
Hutting revival (Guardian article)
Tennentslager replied to Crofter's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Yes, the correction is correct as my post alluded to. I think that the cycle of updating local development plans will be key to seeing more huts being built. Our community company is held as an ideal method of building capacity but we will need some support as a grassroots organisation run by volunteers...still, there's plenty of goodwill and eager potential hutters. Planning gain may also be a hurdle but I'm optimistic that sites can be found at a realistic price. Hutting has its roots in simple shelter close to nature. I hope it does not become a kind of luxury five star niche only for those with deep pockets. -
Erm yes sarking...that's larch isn't it. Hey it was Saturday night, just me and the boy sharing an M&S meal deal, he doesn't drink so I had the wine all to myself. Today, ran out of roof felt due to my last minute notion to increase the roof overhang. Topping out ceremony will have to wait another day? And a nice view of the Hut from the shed roof...
-
Same as the Hut...cedar rough sawn stuff Planned horizontal overlap style but might change to vertical hit and miss due to using exterior gate hinges for the doors...nightmare to fit if its not all on a uniform plane
-
If you like it then you should have put a roof on it
Tennentslager commented on Crofter's blog entry in Wee Hoose on the Croft
For what it's worth I used self tapping screws with washers on my vertical wavy tin. You soon learn the trick of starting at the very top of the crest and going easy on the last few revolutions. Self tapper blasts through the metal...then bites on the batten..then, slowly slowly or you will either trash the washer or worse bend the wriggly tin. On the roof (using caps) it's much the same....slow down for the last few turns and the lid will snap on perfecto BTW the self tappers I got from screwfix were as good as a new HSS drill bit! -
Curious neighbours
Tennentslager replied to curlewhouse's topic in General Self Build & DIY Discussion
Hmm...I'm of the view this is a nice community thing that might be good for the future rather than an *jobsworth* H&S risk. Tea and chat is better than duck off, off of my site... See how many 'fs' I got in that sentence? -
Where and when to use tile backer board?
Tennentslager replied to Crofter's topic in Wall Tiles & Tiling
Too expensive, and do heavy tiles (slate etc) really pull the plasterboard off the wall? That said behind/close to a stove, definitely!- 9 replies
-
- hardibacker
- aquapanel
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Lol, it did. Seemed like the best place to store it since I'd gone to the bother of making a nice sized hole for it. Probably pop it in tomorrow?
-
-
Lock system for parcel delivery cupboard
Tennentslager replied to Auchlossen's topic in Doors & Door Frames
Just leave a key in the Yale and tell him to pop it through the post box once he has deposited the parcel and hey presto, you know you have a parcel...simple is best. I have an app for DPD where you post a pic of the alternative deliver place. For me it's the wheel bin for cardboard, up here that's the blue one?simples!
