-
Posts
1464 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by Tennentslager
-
Fantastic sunny day today in Carbeth...nothing nicer than a day on the tools using up all the odd end cuts? A few neighbours dropped by too which was nice...while you're here pal can you hold that piece of wood nice and high for me??? Anyhow, the bus shelter is taking shape, just the back wall and some cladding to do before getting started inside.
-
Sun came out just as I took the photo resulting in rubbish over exposure but...I'm half way there with just the bus shelter part to finish. Think my hidden doors look good and the hinges (£16 a pair from toolstation) set it off nicely.
-
Bash some lead roll around...heraldic shield... Maybe the forum has some ideas
-
Once these are up; the join (overlap at the ridge) will be all but invisible from the ground but some folk like to set it off with a diamond shape of wood to match the cladding. Matter of taste really but one hutting neighbour spent ages with a jig saw making animal silhouettes...a rabbit and duck if I recall. Lots of people stop, comment and smile away? However, it's nice to add a makers mark due you your build being as near as damn a 100% solo creation. Worth a thought...
-
Have a look at the Milwaukee cordless one. Magnet even stays energized with the battery out. Think it said 29lbs weight...but around $2500?
-
Magnetic drill press?
-
Can you not drill a hole through the steel for your cables?
-
If you like it then you should have put a roof on it
Tennentslager commented on Crofter's blog entry in Wee Hoose on the Croft
Yes! And another one when you're finished? -
I'm leaning towards a coffin tank for cold to the kitchen sink and wash hand basin. Fill this from a hose and fit an overflow in case of forgetfulness? For the winter months I can drain this down before heading home for freeze protection...sound sensible? The big 8 pint kettle on the stove works well just now...mix with some cold and it's perfectly comfortable. I suppose the Hut is a holiday place and there's never a hurry to get up and out to work. Morning routine is pretty relaxed so no bother if the water takes a while to heat. If in a hurry the gas stove boils a kettle in 5 minutes. Might be best to stay low tech for now?
-
Yup, stand pipe in a wooden housing with a tap that has threaded end to take a hose fitting. You can see the plastic pipe that feeds it and someone has teed off this rather obviously to blag his own water supply. Clearly against all regs, probably the law too and pretty easy to follow the trail to him so he will get caught eventually. At present we use 5l water bottles and fill from the tap, usually 4 at a time.
-
Wash basin and sink are dry fitted ATM. I've enough space above toilet for a tank but about 2m the floor. Probably 1.5m above the taps.
-
This is the one I'm thinking of... http://www.morcoproducts.co.uk/stock-5-6/Water_Heaters/G11E.html 11 litres per minute at plus 25℃ but around £500 excluding fitting!
-
Thanks @Temp but that's pricey and any pump needs to use what little battery power I have. Dunno what force is in the standpipe but it fairly skooshes out lots on full whack...(hope that's not to offensive for the technically educated) so if I can get a container up a tree...I guess a hose could be used to charge it up. But what could be lashed to a giant fir tree 10m up and what size for a couple of showers and some dishwashing of a weekend?
-
The Morco caravan boiler (LPG with battery ignition---NO mains power on site) needs 1 bar of pressure. Plan A was to connect to the local main but for a hundred reasons this is difficult. However 20m from site there is a public stand pipe and it is okay to connect a hose to this but never permanently. No comments about *tapping* into this with a cheeky underground junction, that would be just plain wrong! *If* I use a hose to fill a header tank to feed the boiler, how high would it need to be to give me 1 bar. From what I can understand it's 10m. Plenty of big trees around but FFS that's a lot of work to have a hot shower.
-
If you like it then you should have put a roof on it
Tennentslager commented on Crofter's blog entry in Wee Hoose on the Croft
Very pleased with your progress old bean...five sheep I counted in that pic, hope they are pleased too????? -
My favourite in this beauty parade is Miss Sloy from Loch Lomond? Bold lines and fairly striking... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38826248
-
Can you not get a hefty bit of 6*2 and spread the load and whack it in with a hammer...
-
My shed is half way there. Spent £500 on timber but got the OSB for free. Present footprint is something like 2.2*4m, with another 2.4* 1.8m still to be added above the decking.
-
Steel Garage Frame - Deal or No Deal?
Tennentslager replied to hmpmarketing's topic in Garages & Workshops
Top of my head buy 4*2 frame stick built, covered in OSB for that size will be around £3k for material. The metal might need an OSB lining and cladding on top of this price...and you will have to have the base pre built. Go timber I say -
My last MOT cost less than £30=property regulated and comprehensive...yes? Trust it, yes. Try getting the range of calibrated testing anywhere else in the world for that price. Likewise BC...is it so...soo expensive given what you are getting? Can you trust the results? I'd say it's a subsided service and if property costed would be much more expensive than the charged cost.
-
Think more widely on that one...nice drive, day shift, whiskey, nice sleep, big breakfast. One more half shift, home for tea. Might be the best two days ever!
-
Closed shop...
-
It is different but I've a different thought...is there any other regulatory LA function that's outsourced? Seems like a straightforward conflict of interest to me. BC should have no contractual relationship with the subjects of their *independent* inspection and approval function.
