Jump to content

Temp

Members
  • Posts

    10690
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

Everything posted by Temp

  1. and once the BCO has signed of the house I'm sure you could make it "disappear".
  2. Are you planning a shed or other outbuilding? Might be possible to extend the drain there and put an open vent on that?
  3. I suspect the "four house" advice is based on work AAV manufacturers commissioned at the BRE or a similar research body. I haven been able to find that. I would try asking some of them if they can write a letter to justify your use of AAV without an open vent. Send them a simple diagram of your row of houses showing yours with an AAV and the other houses with open vents. Ask them... "Can they confirm the guidance in their literature (enclose a copy) is applicable to your situation and that you would not need an additional open vent to meet section ?? of part H which states "Where these valves are used they should not adversely affect the amount of ventilation necessary for the below' ground system which is normally provided by open stacks of the sanitary pipework." The alternative might be to try and do the calculation on page 10 of.. https://www.bpfpipesgroup.com/media/29598/Air-admittance-valves-for-domestic-properties.pdf That calculation is about sizing the AAV you need based on the flow rate from your appliances. It's not clear that's what your BCO is asking for but it's the only calculation I can see being possible.
  4. Why do you want PDR reinstated? Is it any cheaper to get PDR reinstated instead of submitting a planning application to build what you want?
  5. I think it will be difficult to get it removed because appeal inspectors put a lot of weight on approved local plans. One reason is because these plans have (in theory) been put out to public consultation so the public approves of them, democracy in action and all that. It's not the government fault that few people read or comment on local plans. I think you would need to find evidence that Similar conditions have been removed on another house nearby. Or perhaps prove the 2003 plan is somehow out of date. Eg the area is no longer in the greenbelt or significant new development has been allowed that changes the character of the area since 2003 so that it probably wouldn't be considered green belt today.
  6. Not me but I think it's a "section 73 Application for removal or variation of a condition following grant of planning permission." Beware that _approved_ local plans can trump the NPPF so check if the reasons given for removing those conditions are supported by the local plan.
  7. Oh bother.. Half a pair of shoes + Boy wearing shoes and holding two cones * only one cone not two. (10/2) + (5+5+4) * (4/2) 5 + 14 * 2 = 33
  8. Ok I missed a few things. (10/2) + (5+5) * (4/2) 5 + 10 * 2 25 Half a pair of shoes + Boy wearing shoes + only one cone not two.
  9. But last line is only half a pair of shoes so i made it (10/2) + 5 * 4 = 25.
  10. 5 + 5 * 4 = 25
  11. I found these instructions which appear similar but only have one white "catch" rather than two. https://www.eclisse.co.uk/content/installation-accessories/603024103%20Scheda%20Rallenty%20BIAS.pdf I think it might catch on the shaped end of "Item C". Does your kit have the same or similar part?
  12. Did you see this video?.. It covers the wood door but shows how some bits go together.
  13. Same info from Floplast.. https://www.ribaproductselector.com/Docs/5/12945/external/COL912945.pdf And Hunter Plastics according to... https://job-prices.co.uk/durgo-valve/
  14. That's a common request from BCO. I think it comes from this bit of Part H... However I believe that actually refers to the last house in a row of more than 4 houses. See page 11 in this document.. https://www.bpfpipesgroup.com/media/29598/Air-admittance-valves-for-domestic-properties.pdf It suggests that if the row is 4 or less houses (eg one house) all the vents can have AAV. I've seen this mentioned before but don't know where the justification comes from.
  15. As Just for info.. Part H.. 1.32 Sizes of stack ventilation pipes – stack ventilation pipes (the dry part above the highest branch) may be reduced in size in one and two storey houses, but should be not less than 75mm.
  16. What's written on the label on the clear plastic box? I'm wondering if you have anti slam kits for both wood and glass doors.
  17. Pretty sure it's telling you to remove the end clip and put it in the bin (personally I'd hang on to it just in case).
  18. Take loads of photos showing the water pipe before covering it just in case water co needs to see them.
  19. Google books had an example.. https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Zle3AwAAQBAJ&pg=PA289&lpg=PA289&dq="building+preservation+notice"+compensation&source=bl&ots=SqBAN2RJ4d&sig=ACfU3U3oUac1v9ppBI8uQx4y8u-1B9soZQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjzpq-cubnoAhVTtXEKHc83DVs4ChDoATAGegQICRAB#v=onepage&q="building preservation notice" compensation&f=false Page 289 "study 13" Mentions fall in house prices due to the delay not being claimable as its an indirect consequence. I suspect you could argue for any directly attributable cost.
  20. If it doesn't require a planning application i believe you start with Form 5: Notice of Chargeable Development instead of form 1.
  21. Yes. The following is my understanding of what needs to be done before starting work. However I cannot accept liability if I've made a mistake. I've never had to do one myself. There are a bunch of CIL forms here. Not all are applicable to all situations... https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200136/policy_and_legislation/70/community_infrastructure_levy/5 For something that needs planning permission I believe the sequence of events and forms would be.. Form 1: Additional Information (submitted with planning application) Planning Application Granted Form 2: Assumption of Liability Then one of these depending on the project... Form 7: Self Build Exemption Claim - Part 1 Form 8: Residential Annex Exemption Claim Form 9: Residential Extension Exemption Claim Then before you can actually start any work on site you need to do ALL of the following.. Wait for the exemption to be granted in writing. Make your Building Control Plans Full Plans submission or Building Notice. You probably should start this earlier but you typically need Building Control to confirm they are happy enough with the drawings that you can start work from their perspective. Allow 4-6 weeks for Building Control. Discharge any planning conditions that say "Before any work starts..." or similar. Again allow some weeks if they are complicated conditions. Submit.. Form 6: Commencement Notice And I strongly recommend waiting for confirmation it was received. Then and only then start work. In the case of a self build you must submit.. Form 7: Self Build Exemption Claim - Part 2 Within 6 months of completion of you loose the exemption.
  22. https://www.silvatimber.co.uk/how-to-prevent-wood-decking-becoming-slippery/ They say coated decks are better but don't appear to say what coating they recommend.
  23. Some council's have published guidelines and they contradict each other.. http://www.spelthorne.gov.uk/media/15694/How-GIA-is-measured/pdf/Definition_of_Community_Infrastructure_Levy_GIA.pdf Includes garages, car ports, fuel stores, conservatories, cleaners cupboads. Excludes sheds, greenhouses, solar panels. https://www.stroud.gov.uk/media/241065/calculation-guidance.pdf Includes greenhouses and similar buildings (if a person can go in), indoor swimming pools. Has a different rule for car ports (depends how many walls). Excludes Outdoor pools.
  24. https://www.kingston.gov.uk/info/200380/community_infrastructure_levy/1220/follow_the_cil_process/5
×
×
  • Create New...