Gods tile cutter

Pocster

ive two two Rubi wet cutters one quite old The other is zero dust 

In truth They don’t get used much 

Useally just for mitring limestone

The thin cut and turbo grinder blades are so precise Most tilers prefer to use them

The zero dust are handy if you have no nearby ventilated area to grind or wet cut    

4 minutes ago, newhome said:

Yeah that’s what I was thinking that @nod and @Nickfromwales would say too! ?

"Ooops" is very useful.

But I once said "Ooops" when I had made a mistake in a team building exercise, and I got a distinct impression that it was insufficient self-abasement. Umpteen apologies and bootlickings were apparently expected, and I think they would have been happier if I had done a self-imposed Joan of Arc solution. Like a forerunner of modern politics. 

Crowd-sourced Welsh suggestions here.

F

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

"Ooops" is very useful.

But I once said "Ooops" when I had made a mistake in a team building exercise, and I got a distinct impression that it was insufficient self-abasement. Umpteen apologies and bootlickings were apparently expected, and I think they would have been happier if I had done a self-imposed Joan of Arc solution. Like a forerunner of modern politics. 

F

After one team building day out on some huge Derbyshire estate involving planks, barrels and imaginary shark infested waters to cross, I hung behind our group and hid a bunch of stuff to screw the next, competing team.

The organisers went apeshit looking for the culprit.

Kobaayashi Maru mate!

I used “I’ve made a bit of a boo boo” on Friday when confessing I had sent an email to all parents in our primary school and in the sixth form.  I suspect I will find out on Monday that Boo boo and the Ooops in the body of the email will not have shown enough gravity in confessing my error.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

I hung behind our group and hid a bunch of stuff to screw the next, competing team.

Lol, that’s the type of thing I would have done when younger ?. Team working, aka maximising the chance of a win, at its best! ? 

9 hours ago, Onoff said:

After one team building day out on some huge Derbyshire estate involving planks, barrels and imaginary shark infested waters to cross, I hung behind our group and hid a bunch of stuff to screw the next, competing team.

The organisers went apeshit looking for the culprit.

Kobaayashi Maru mate!

I was sent on a course like that, on Dartmoor, with the raft having to cross the Dart to rescue a "casualty".  In our case all the teams worked in parallel against the clock (and each other) to build the standard "four oil drums, two planks and a length of rope" raft.

By pure luck, that summer I'd been part of a raft race team (the annual one organised by Truro Rugby Club back then).  As a part of training for that race we'd worked out a very quick way to lay out the rope in a zig zag, place the drums and planks over the rope, then lace the whole lot together through the open ends of the loops, pulling the resultant lashing tight at the same time.

Seeing that our challenge was pretty much identical, I quietly briefed our nominated team leader and he agreed that we'd use the same method.  Not only did it work very well, but getting our raft into the water about 10 minutes ahead of everyone else caused a load of panic.  One team tried to prematurely launch their raft only for it to fall apart as soon as it got in the water.  One of their team members opted to remove his shirt and trousers and wade in in his underpants to rescue the debris, only to then discover that his Y fronts went see-through when wet.

Everyone else said we'd cheated...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, pocster said:

So what’s the next best tile cutter at a considerably lower cost ?

The rubi 200 etc .  Seem to get mixed reviews 

I used the Rubi that @Nickfromwales lent me and it was brilliant. They really are good but you need to look after them and also realise they are a disk cutter and not a precision laser ..!

6 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Rubi Practic 60 here. Not all that impressed.

Thats a manual cutter though - for a snap and score it’s not that bad. . Rubi 200 is a wet bench - yes will set you back £2-300 depending on model but they are a real bonus when you’re basically wet cutting 22mm limestone ..!

https://www.tileexperience.co.uk/rubi-du-200-l-230v-50hz-electric-tile-cutter-25973

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Thats a manual cutter though - for a snap and score it’s not that bad. . Rubi 200 is a wet bench - yes will set you back £2-300 depending on model but they are a real bonus when you’re basically wet cutting 22mm limestone ..!

https://www.tileexperience.co.uk/rubi-du-200-l-230v-50hz-electric-tile-cutter-25973

Still seems to get mixed reviews .

Might be ‘user’ error ...

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I have used one of these.  They are really accurate and the blade does not wander like the ones where the saw moves on rails overhead.

It gets excellent reviews . Just wish it was a few quid less ......

Anyone got one and want to swap for some walk on glazing ???

Edited by pocster