OH F**K!

Pocster

Just now, Onoff said:

Only twice? The ones in Borough Green and Sutton at Home are more often (burnt) black than yellow! Think the Death Hill one has been done more than once! 

But no bugger lives up here so twice is quite a feat! :D

Where are the ones in Borough Green? A25? 

11 minutes ago, newhome said:

But no bugger lives up here so twice is quite a feat! :D

Where are the ones in Borough Green? A25? 

A227, just one. Come from the roundabout at the A20, go past Wrotham school on the left and camera is a bit further along on the left. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Onoff said:

A227, just one. Come from the roundabout at the A20, go past Wrotham school on the left and camera is a bit further along on the left. 

Ahh, Wrotham School, I went there, crap old days. Poor old @pocster . Hope they do the right thing by you and supply ones the right size at no cost to you.

Well !

A very brief phone call from the boss I assume.

Suggesting I make my openings smaller and the drawings are correct .

He will call me again tomorrow; seemed rather disinterested . I smell CCJ on the cards - let a judge decide .....

Did you sign the drawings?  If so, just try to negotiate.  If not, claim that they should have worked to the structural opening sizes supplied by you and that you considered that the drawings they sent were only indicative of a standard detail and were not being relied upon for finished window sizes.

12 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Did you sign the drawings?  If so, just try to negotiate.  If not, claim that they should have worked to the structural opening sizes supplied by you and that you considered that the drawings they sent were only indicative of a standard detail and were not being relied upon for finished window sizes.

Didn’t sign anything.  Checking back in response to the drawings I emailed and said they were ok .

Edited by pocster

So you verbally said ok to the picture of the window that clearly hasn’t got a massive black border around it. All you were saying ok to was the size of the clear part of the window then surely? They can’t black most of it out later. When I signed off windows I had to write my name in blood pretty much. 

2 minutes ago, newhome said:

So you verbally said ok to the picture of the window that clearly hasn’t got a massive black border around it. All you were saying ok to was the size of the clear part of the window then surely? They can’t black most of it out later. When I signed off windows I had to write my name in blood pretty much. 

Just an email saying “ seems ok “ ...

1 minute ago, Mr Punter said:

Did they send a dimensioned drawing for each window?  The drawing you posted earlier gives a dimension showing the overall window size.  If you agreed that these were correct you may be on sticky ground.

It’s not to scale though is it as the clear part is vast the majority of the window according to the drawing. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Did they send a dimensioned drawing for each window?  The drawing you posted earlier gives a dimension showing the overall window size.  If you agreed that these were correct you may be on sticky ground.

I guess this is what I agreed to . But my initial email I gave them the dimensions of the opening- after all that’s the *only* dimension I could give them .

I would accept some blame ; but feel they should accept some also .

If no movement on their part tomorrow then I’ll mention CCJ . See what a judge thinks ....

3 minutes ago, newhome said:

It’s not to scale though is it as the clear part is vast the majority of the window according to the drawing. 

That is because it is shown from the outside in plan view, where the glass covers most of the frame.  If you look at the sections it is fairly clear and the dimensions are to the outside of the frame and the frame covers the upstands.

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

If no movement on their part tomorrow then I’ll mention CCJ . See what a judge thinks ....

On the basis that you need some more windows, find out the MINIMUM they are prepared to charge, then perhaps do a letter before action saying what you are prepared to accept.  That will put you in better standing at Court, as you have made a reasonable attempt to negotiate a fair settlement.  Keep all correspondence civil.

Did you explain how it was all going to be mounted? My concern is that if you didn't, then it's possible they expected some sort of internal mount below (or within the bottom part of) the aperture.

That said, if I were in their shoes, I'd be offering an at-cost remake at the very least. No-one should want to make money off a simple error by a customer.

2 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

That is because it is shown from the outside in plan view, where the glass covers most of the frame.  If you look at the sections it is fairly clear and the dimensions are to the outside of the frame and the frame covers the upstands.

On the basis that you need some more windows, find out the MINIMUM they are prepared to charge, then perhaps do a letter before action saying what you are prepared to accept.  That will put you in better standing at Court, as you have made a reasonable attempt to negotiate a fair settlement.  Keep all correspondence civil.

Will try an ‘offer’

2 minutes ago, jack said:

Did you explain how it was all going to be mounted? My concern is that if you didn't, then it's possible they expected some sort of internal mount below (or within the bottom part of) the aperture.

That said, if I were in their shoes, I'd be offering an at-cost remake at the very least. No-one should want to make money off a simple error by a customer.

Yes . I have lots of corrospondence showing upstands that I supply .

An at cost remake would be an acceptable compromise....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

A can of satin black spray paint on the lens so they don't realise straight away that its been Fockerised

That should happen more often.  Car shops need to sell an long stick with a trigger on it that takes a spray can.

Well !

Unsurprisingly though the odd email saying they would call me - nothing .

Have emailed them to ask for their final stance on the situation; I did offer up a compromise could be made .

Irrespective of who is wrong or right ; you expect some customer service when there’s a problem .

Sysop ( aka admin ) am I allowed to name and shame ?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1