Plastering Moisture Resistant Plasterboard

Onoff

3 minutes ago, CC45 said:

these 10 pages need adding to the other XX pages - 100+ pages has got to be realistic now surely?

Nooo...!!! He’s actually managed something start to finish here, we need to keep it as a record that it can be done ..! 

Back on thread!

All nice and dry after a week. I'm really quite pleased for a first attempt. It's NOT perfect but imo pretty good.

If I want to fill the odd little patch that's a bit low as in a couple of inches square, should I just mix up some multi and smear it on or use some of this I bought? Any need to pva beforehand?

Cheers

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Gyproc-Easi-Fill-20-Compound-5kg/p/141939?

gyp.JPG.fd17c2768a0aab38e3840514dc99deff.JPG

Before you fill any more holes go over it with a coat of white emulsion. You’ll see the worst ones better on a white surface and you can just fill and go with the next layer before you paint again. 

I use this stuff for small dinks and scratches as it’s white and hardly noticeable and dries really quick. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, daiking said:

There were 3 Aldi drywall sanders left in store near me last week. Reduced to £30

Good to know. It's supposed to be quite good. People have been comparing it to the Mirka electric one which is loadsa money! 

I've an Aldi opening near me soon. So I'll pass Lidl first then Aldi.  That'll be more tat I can't resist! :)

16 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Before you fill any more holes go over it with a coat of white emulsion. You’ll see the worst ones better on a white surface and you can just fill and go with the next layer before you paint again. 

I use this stuff for small dinks and scratches as it’s white and hardly noticeable and dries really quick. 

Cheers. I've just gone over it all with the Mirka hand sander tbh. Figured give it a bit of a key for the paint. Though the vac has got most of the dust will any residue effect the Easi-fill taking?

51 minutes ago, PeterW said:

1000% 

Use Leyland High Opacity white paint and watch that just sink in first coat to a near perfect finish. Its a chalky, thick, horrible paint but makes an amazingly good base layer which I leave to go COMPLETELY dry and then sand back as a paint-come-filler. Results are faultless this way, and trying to judge anything without it being uniformly white is a waste of time and usually makes you work ten times harder. 

3 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

1000% 

Use Leyland High Opacity white paint and watch that just sink in first coat to a near perfect finish. Its a chalky, thick, horrible paint but makes an amazingly good base layer which I leave to go COMPLETELY dry and then sand back as a paint-come-filler. Results are faultless this way, and trying to judge anything without it being uniform,ly white is a waste of time and usually makes you work ten times harder. 

5l should do me?

https://www.selcobw.com/leyland-trade-super-leytex-matt-paint-brilliant-white-5-ltr

19 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Ale or paint? :D

Yup, 5L will get you on your way. Do not expect this to be / or use it as a finish paint. You can rub it off a month later with a wet cloth in seconds. 

5L sitting in the Selco basket! 

What white would you suggest as a top coat in the bathroom? Wipeable I suppose?

1 minute ago, Nickfromwales said:

Dulux Diamond Matt ( scrubbable ). Stuff goes on like a dream, and is like bloody enamel when dry. 

£50 for 5L at Selco!!! At least your link offers 2.5L but the same £/L. 

What's the next best? :)

Don't shop at Selco. 

Any bathroom paint I suppose, as long as it says wipeable / scrubbable. I only saw the diamond stuff around a hob splash back and was very impressed. In fairness your high-traffic areas should be tiled anyhoo, with the paint above that.