Stairs going in

Pocster

7 minutes ago, joe90 said:

How are those parts/steps held together?

I’d say magic but it’s not true ! . There’s a steel frame on the far side ( between tiled wall and stairs . They are effectively cantilevered . But each box rests on the previous so ultimately the ‘strain’ is taken from the big bottom step ( has a good chunk of timber and steel in it ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FuerteStu said:

What's the plan for banister/handrail? 

Or are you getting Stanna in for a stairlift? 

Glass and brushed steel . But I wanted that installed later as I have “ work to do “ on the stairwell I.e the glass if installed would be in the way 

Edited by Pocster
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

It was clearly far more work to install than anticipated. Original estimation was 3 days ( that’s what it took just to get it to the state of ‘basic’ staircase ) . Last 3 days they’ve realised it all needs adjusting again ! . So will be back for half a day at the end of feb . Total install time 7.5 days . Tbf - it looks like a bitch to install . The treads effectively are floating off the steel - and rest on the one beneath . Adjust one , adjust them all .

5 minutes ago, Pocster said:

A small piece of glass has been cut wrong so can’t fit that and the rest of the handrails …

Don’t be sad @Thorfun - a few weeks/days lost is small change after 11 yrs . Personally I think they stall the job on purpose as they get all the tea they can drink , a pasty and cake everyday . What’s not to like !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pocster said:

Don’t be sad @Thorfun - a few weeks/days lost is small change after 11 yrs . Personally I think they stall the job on purpose as they get all the tea they can drink , a pasty and cake everyday . What’s not to like !!

it's just frustrating though, right? e.g. I fitted our Quooker tap at the weekend. got the boiling water working but there was an issue with the Cube so the chilled and fizzy water wasn't working. now a job that I wanted to tick off as finished is awaiting replacement parts to be able to be finished. it's just frustrating that it's incomplete. that's all. I know it'll be done eventually but I can't cross it off the list yet!

• Like 1