Insulhub Isotex Voluntary Liquidation

On 16/04/2023 at 20:43, Chanmenie said:

All the guys who worked for Insulhub Contracting were told by Jamie they out of work, the vans have been recovered and are in a pound in Manchester, some of the guys are owed wages.

so Insulhub Contracting is no longer in business  

I can't find any insulhub contracting contact details as it is all just Jamie. But their website, while just a template, doesn't say anything about administration.

It appears employees were were with insulhub limited and didn't work for insulhub contracting.

Edited by SB2023
Clarify my wording.

35 minutes ago, SB2023 said:

I can't find any insulhub contracting contact details as it is all just Jamie. But their website, while just a template, doesn't say anything about administration.

It appears employees were were with insulhub limited and didn't work for insulhub contracting.

Yes they did I’ve spoken with a couple of them, everyone involved in both companies is out of work, even Jamie’s brother in law. 

Yep. When a company goes bust it has far reaching consequences. Even relatively small companies. Given the lack of skilled builders about they should get other work quickly. It’s not their fault after all. 

23 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Yep. When a company goes bust it has far reaching consequences. Even relatively small companies. Given the lack of skilled builders about they should get other work quickly. It’s not their fault after all. 

Feedback states some of them weren’t very good, which compounded Jamie’s problems 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chanmenie said:

Feedback states some of them weren’t very good, which compounded Jamie’s problems 

Never blame the staff, always blame the manager?

If any of my subbies didn't do something properly I put it right myself, gave them a bollocking, and wages were chopped to suit.

I chose relatively well throughout, apart from some who were more tortoise than hare, but tolerating poor staff is a choice.

If you pay good money, you'll get great staff. Doesn't sound as if the money reached the lower ranks.

Just now, Nickfromwales said:

Never blame the staff, always blame the manager?

If any of my subbies didn't do something properly I put it right myself, gave them a bollocking, and wages were chopped to suit.

I chose relatively well throughout, apart from some who were more tortoise than hare, but tolerating poor staff is a choice.

If you pay good money, you'll get great staff. Doesn't sound as if the money reached the lower ranks.

Yes indeed Nick, if you want to run a successful business you can’t hang on to underperforming staff, bad feedback and reviews can really damage a business. 

Dennis would be snapped up in seconds, if anyone could convince him ( all they would need is a custard donut tbh, he is cheap lol ). 
Great guy, excellent work ethics, and a walking multi tool. Hopefully he left shrapnel-free and paid in full. Anything less would have been a huge insult to his hard work and dedication. 

1 hour ago, Chanmenie said:

Jamie kept them on. Either train them or replace them. Two criteria when you employ someone. Capable of doing the job and willing to do the job. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Dennis would be snapped up in seconds, if anyone could convince him ( all they would need is a custard donut tbh, he is cheap lol ). 
Great guy, excellent work ethics, and a walking multi tool. Hopefully he left shrapnel-free and paid in full. Anything less would have been a huge insult to his hard work and dedication. 

He was away on holiday when the shit hit the fan 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kelvin said:

Turning up is defo covered by willing given it means ready eager and prepared. 

They had one absolute clown in charge of the gang I was around. Chap called Charlie. 
Sharp van, blunt tools. 
Rude, clueless bellend with zero interest in quality or diligence. 

Had to stop him fire boarding all the steels in a single compartment dwelling. Thousand of pounds worth of completely unnecessary work that he thought was a great idea. He’d even convinced the BCO to get on board. Ffs. 
I had a quiet word with the BCO, and a not so quiet word with bellend face. 
Needless to say, that “extra” didn’t go ahead.

If you choose these idiots, then expect the worst.

22 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

They had one absolute clown in charge of the gang I was around. Chap called Charlie. 
Sharp van, blunt tools. 
Rude, clueless bellend with zero interest in quality or diligence. 

Had to stop him fire boarding all the steels in a single compartment dwelling. Thousand of pounds worth of completely unnecessary work that he thought was a great idea. He’d even convinced the BCO to get on board. Ffs. 
I had a quiet word with the BCO, and a not so quiet word with bellend face. 
Needless to say, that “extra” didn’t go ahead.

If you choose these idiots, then expect the worst.

Chaplin?

For anyone that doesn't know , details are being discussed now on a private facebook page and whatsapp, these are for people that are owed money /in the middle of a build/still trying to use Isotex blocks. A lot of people involved so limited to direct involvement and not for "stories" or other recommendations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

anyone know the real reason these companies went belly -up 

was it the price of wood ?

otherwise i cannot see why a long running company like durisol  went down .

isotex maybe -- not been in the market in UK that long so ongoing costs to chase sales could be the reason 

- taking too long to convert prospects into buyers

or was the margin really that tight 

6 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

SAAB went down.

As did Rolls Royce.

Blockbuster.

Barings Bank.

Woolworths.

not strictly true for some of them 

saab was bought out by general motors and rolls royce cars not aviation  was also bought out -niether of those caused customer problems 

and neither did woolworths -- just the suppliers 

the banks are again not a good example of going broke as they were engineered  by other banks whcih had shares in  and was down to global derivative tradings -not normal banking

we are talking about a simple straightforward company who make  or supply goods   and have ripped off the customers 

• Like 1

Just as an FYI for anyone building with Isotex or Durisol who is short of a few blocks.

John Pye auctions are selling off the remaining stock fom Insulhub. They have ~300 Isotex and ~200 Durisol blocks for sale.

Contact Chris Eckersley at John Pye.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/04/2023 at 09:58, Piers said:

Just as an FYI for anyone building with Isotex or Durisol who is short of a few blocks.

John Pye auctions are selling off the remaining stock fom Insulhub. They have ~300 Isotex and ~200 Durisol blocks for sale.

Contact Chris Eckersley at John Pye.

I didn't see anything on the website listed for them under "insolvency" , I would hope it on behalf of the insolvency company?