Printing Construction drawings?

• 8 months later...

In 50 years of construction, I have never seen waterproof drawings.

A few laminates when there appears to be zero chance of changes...and even then they can't be drawn on properly.

On a big project there can be dozens of very large (A1 or A0) drawings, produced and replaced frequently and  urgently, and there isn't time to go to a special shop for waterproof versions.

Instead simply have many copies that can get wet and muddy.

I have a tip though.  Your general plan and the site plan are useful to have lots iof, to use for designing drainage, planning deliveries and stockpiles etc. 

I would have 20 of each on my site desk to avoid constantly redrawing the basics, or wasting a big plan.

Years ago I bought myself a A3 printer and laminator. On some sites I have had them on site and others I plan ahead to print out what is needed. I always print out floor plans on A3 and Elevations on both sides then laminate them. They survive showers but get damaged when the lads throw them in the back of the vans under the tools or drop blocks on them to save them blowing away prior to leaving them out overnight in the rain.

It works for me. 

before HID 'retired' he used to print everything for us on A1
this year we've had to learn to use A4, we have some printed, but 4 sheets came to £17 so not doing that again

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

just be careful scaling off printed plans. not all printers print to scale. 

This can work in your favour should enforcement come knocking, a pencil line on some drawings is 100mm on the ground......

Why would you scale off dimensioned drawings ?