Sign in to follow this  
GaryM

Juliet balcony ideas

Hi I hope some one can give me ideas for a juliet balcony to satisfy building control and my aesthetics. We  have a first floor level Idealcombi glazed gable screen 7.5m wide, in the middle are push out and slide double sliding doors. https://products.idealcombi.com/en/product/futura-plus-double-sliding-door/.

We want a frameless glass juliet balcony to cover the opening gap of around 2.5m, the door pop out around 100mm but bigger problem is the brick wall under the opening is not even , on one side under the opening is a capped of unused chimney  so we can't easily fasten there, we could look at removing a but more of the chimney although it has just been rendered. We had though of some sort of Z bars to bolt to the wall and hold the glass, but I can't see anything like it on the web.

Another option is an internal balcony, but min height is 1100mm , 200mm higher than the handles, so we can't reach them if we want tight up to the frame.

Any ideas?

Thanks

We got ours passed with a 900mm standard banister and spindle set inside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaryM said:

Hi I hope some one can give me ideas for a juliet balcony to satisfy building control and my aesthetics.....

Pintrest and google helped me a lot. Do an image search.

Post some pictures please.

On 23/10/2021 at 08:42, ToughButterCup said:

Pintrest and google helped me a lot. Do an image search.

I have done a search and could not see any that would work, so currently talking to a local fabricator who is looking at ideas for me.

On 23/10/2021 at 16:26, ETC said:

Post some pictures please.

Here is an Image i've done for a local fabricator to come up with ideas. the central windows panes are the doors that pop out (around 100mm) and slide either side.

I'll apricate any ideas.

side_windows_view_mock_up.png

Glass. Just glass.

Perforated stainless balcony with a T profile edge that comes out the same distance as your protruding wall and then frameless 10mm glass - you may need to put returns on it but stainless corner clamps would work or even bonded glass if your budget isn’t too restricted. 

Do the doors slide on the outside?

Because if they do put the balustrade in the inside.

Internal height only needs to be 900mm. Not 1100mm. Check out K2 Diagram 3.1.