Ah bum !

Pocster

I was so careful had to remove some beading but took the paint off ?

This was sprayed on . So what’s the best way to ‘fix’ this - so it looks perfect again. ?

Worried if I brush or roller first will look wrong .

PVA the edges of the torn paint layer down first ??

grrrrrrr

4AE4C8E2-F216-463D-8891-3C76A3A2E771.jpeg

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

It is difficult to match up sprayed paint finish.  You need to lose the edges with some fine sandpaper and do as @joe90 says.  It that a ceiling or a floor?  It is a bit hard to tell in your place.

So just finely sand the torn paint back to good I.e stuck paint ?

Then fine roller ? . I could set the sprayer up just for this bit if I really really have to !!

Photo to help place issue 

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Fine sand paper removes the plaster bot the paint . Paint is a silk type Adair so like a ‘skin’ on the plaster 

I might tend to peel any paint off that’s not stuck, loads of paint on the plaster (many coats) which you can then sand back to match the sprayed paint, them maybe a mist coat sprayed on to blend it in..

If I didn't know better I would say that is walkon glazing in a floor, with a not-quite-plumb wall.

Now serious.

Slightly concerning that it is coming off in a sheet - is it all that loose? Any idea why that is? 

If it isn't gloss I might be inclined to overpaint the whole ceiling with a slightly different shade.

1 minute ago, joe90 said:

I might tend to peel any paint off that’s not stuck, loads of paint on the plaster (many coats) which you can then sand back to match the sprayed paint, them maybe a mist coat sprayed on to blend it in..

It doesn’t ‘tear’ its a ‘film’ . The larger bit I got off was surprisingly stretchy . Bathroom type ; moisture resistant paint not like emulsion ...

1 minute ago, Ferdinand said:

If I didn't know better I would say that is walkon glazing in a floor.

Slightly concerning that it is coming off in a sheet - is it all that loose? Any idea why that is?

Because I ripped some beading off that had a line of Mastik stuck to the paint . 

• Like 1

Tempted to pva the edges down .

Only a small portion is exposed once I reset the beading . Then mask half the bathroom out . Spend 50 quid on the smallest paint quantity ( same brand obviously ) . Spray it for 10 seconds . Then 3 hours cleaning sprayer ??

image.jpg

13 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Looks like a vinyl paint to me, have you got any more, left over from the spraying?

Nope . That’s why I said 50 quid for a tin in my sprayer . I can probably buy a tester pot and then try your fine roller approach ....

Paint was a silk / vinyl ; moisture resistant type thing . The whole point of it being a ‘skin’ is to keep moisture out .

38 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Been saying it for the last 4 years, but what do I know. ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I know . I remember you saying this in another thread . I do like the smooth non textured finish though . But ‘patching’ it will be a dog unless I respray that tiny area - which I am prepared to do . It’s just the thought of cleaning the sprayer again ....