Ah bum !

Pocster

Just spoke to paint manufacturer . They reckon if I sand it back super gently and use a fine roller with a watery coat first ( and leave to dry ) - then go over it again I should be ok......

So ordered just a tester pot as that should be enough....

Edited by pocster

Lightly sand the surface of the paint above the damage.

Use some filler to create a new 'paint thickness' below the damage.

Lightly sand and then paint.

If you really don't want to see the difference, there are some wrist exercises that make you go blind, similar to sanding.

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Sounds like the paint hasn’t bonded correctly to the underlying plaster. What was the first coat..??

It hasn’t Peter

Though I did a first watery coat using the same paint . Speaking to the company they suggest next time to use a watered down emulsion first . He said this as it is would not be an issue assuming I don’t stick a piece of sellotape on it and pull it off . 

22 hours ago, pocster said:

Just spoke to paint manufacturer . They reckon if I sand it back super gently and use a fine roller with a watery coat first ( and leave to dry ) - then go over it again I should be ok......

Surely worth a try before spending even more money, can’t do any harm!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pocster said:

Xmas pressie has arrived 

Let me know how you get on with it.  I have some small, "St. Ives", picture frames I want to spay up.

Not sure when I will be passing, was going to see my Mother, but think she is now in Tier 3, so may have to rethink plans for my 2 weeks off.

1 minute ago, SteamyTea said:

Let me know how you get on with it.  I have some small, "St. Ives", picture frames I want to spay up.

Not sure when I will be passing, was going to see my Mother, but think she is now in Tier 3, so may have to rethink plans for my 2 weeks off.

Sure - I’ll let you know how it is .

btw you aren’t really getting it ! ??