The on & on & ensuite saga..

Onoff

9 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I did thanks but SWMBO wants them all to look the same. If not they would apparently annoy her...in this house! ???

So instead she would rather you do the job twice, instead of right first time ......???? Does she like eternal projects ..??!

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

So instead she would rather you do the job twice, instead of right first time ......???? Does she like eternal projects ..??!

We all know by the time the bathrooms are done and the dormer has been rebuilt, they will decide to knockdown ad rebuild........:ph34r:

31 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Pretty much. Mental. The MiL was the same. Always look at the mother.....with hindsight.....?

Conversation like:

Me:" That window's leaking round the frame".

SWMBO: "It shouldn't, it's double glazed!"

My favourite ever when she was looking at a new car:

"It's purple, how far's that?"

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Didn't get very far today. Interruption after interruption.

Cut the stud and blocked 3 holes up with some rounds of 3/8" pb stuck in with EBT (all I've got here).

IMG_20201122_194144042.thumb.jpg.effcdfc474df42e34028a0315c610e5c.jpg

I'll chuck another bit of 4"x2" under that new horizontal one and wedge it on that big angled chunk at the bottom of the dormer corner 4"x4" post. 

IMG_20201122_194222697.thumb.jpg.f676be74d9ee686307634755beded100.jpg

Just don't know where the day went!

Mulling the cheapest route to shut SWMBO up! 

Old tray needs to go. Currently 800x800. I think she thinks we can keep the tiles! ?

So 1200x800 tray to source. Waste route no issue. 

I'm half thinking of multi panel though I always think it looks a bit "caravan":

IMG_20201122_214337540

Horrid Artex ceiling with glossed,  polystyrene tiles over the shower.

IMG_20201122_214351028[1]

(We don't use this shower anymore btw).

Edited by Onoff

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I'm half thinking of multi panel though I always think it looks a bit "caravan":

NO, best thing I ever did was move away from tiles to wall panels. I HATE GROUT!!!.

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Horrid Artex ceiling with glossed,  polystyrene tiles over the shower

remove tiles, dead easy, get it skimmed and painted, job done. ?

12 minutes ago, joe90 said:

NO, best thing I ever did was move away from tiles to wall panels. I HATE GROUT!!!.

remove tiles, dead easy, get it skimmed and painted, job done. ?

No,no,no @Onoff must tile it!. He is an expert tiler almost i.e. he needs more practice. Don't bail and take the wussy route man up. MEN TILE!

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, joe90 said:

@Onoff, just love those storage units (fir a garage!!!,!).  You say you don’t use that shower anymore so why are you putting a new shower in?

In SWMBO's words, and I quote:

"It'd get it (the sliding shower doors) out of the stairs room".

Big white box on the half landing. Been there 10 years at least. Can't see the problem myself.

IMG_20201123_165603942.thumb.jpg.4de5184ad66c5cd1f84e5644bebc3653.jpg

Hmmm...I wonder if it's a ploy by her to delay me digging up the stairs room...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Onoff said:

You’re thinking of the hollow plastic stuff aren’t you ..? Multi panel is nothing like that - dead easy to cut and fit (as long as you can get it upstairs...!) but 2 x 900 and 1 x 1200 will be about £400 or so with profiles so not cheap by any stretch. 

You could ask @pocster where he got his tiles ... and cross that place off your list ..! ?

• Haha 4

Seriously even the speed you move at doing jobs, as long as you keep it simple and don’t go for some stupid-recessed-half-cut-lunatic-idea- laser-cut-sliding-glass-door-shower-shelf, and just go for a 3 sided rectangle of multi panel using the correct corner profiles and a standard tray, you could have that done in a weekend.

You’ve even got access from the back so fitting the shower is a doddle, you can fit all the panels then drill the holes for the valve etc. Overboard the rest of the room with taper edge MR board and job done. 

• Like 1

I tried to get 2x900mm sheets of multi panel , merchants quoted the same price as a 1200mm sheet, needed cut so 3 x1200mm it was then.  Gives options if ends are damaged.

i cut mine down to 2200 from shower tray level.

chop saw with metal blade did the aluminium trims no probs