Creating an airing cupboard

On the plot where we are building the new place we have 2 holiday lets, so we generate a lot of bed linen. 

We are building in a large linen cupboard in the laundry room, I’m thinking it would be nice to have a small amount of warmth in there as well as some moisture extraction. 

So my plans are to route one of the extract ducts from the mvhr into the top of the cupboard for moist air extraction. 

But what about sticking some low level heat into the cupboard. 

I have my own ideas, what do you lot think. 

Not needed, the extract will do the job

add an outlet duct to the bottom of the cupboard and extract at the top ???  Vents too close together???

or just light a big fire in the bottom of the cupboard???

Fit a portable airconditioning unit, that can supply some heat (the power that the units draws from the mains) and reduce the humidity (greater the difference the faster the drying), both will help drying.

And make sure it is a well insulated area, with well controlled ventilation, no point it affecting the rest of the building.

Edited by SteamyTea

I was thinking along the lines of one of those tubular heater things, mounted low, on a timer so it could just run for an hour or so. 

This is more for the warmer months when there  is no heating on. 

Cannot really put much else in there as the water tank already has its own plant room. 

Ufh manifold is only hot in the winter when it’s on which I’m hoping will only be about 5 months of the year. 

28 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

I was thinking along the lines of one of those tubular heater things, mounted low, on a timer 

That was my initial thought, but if you're extracting from there, the heat will be sucked straight out unless you run it constantly.  Perhaps just try with the mvhr for a start, that should be plenty good enough for 'airing'.

• Like 1