How does your garden grow?

After missing out on some sleepers on Gumtree a little while ago, at what I thought was a steal, I figured it wasn't meant to be but reckoned something would turn up.

My nephew suggested I look on FB which I don't frequent particularly. Had a quick look but nothing local and been busy since then so didn't really bother again.

Then tonight my nephew rocks up and asks what I was doing tonight. He'd found this lot posted on FB an hour before, free! Off we went:

IMG_20220505_193106875.thumb.jpg.075adecbb1adbd3c89625b6b46e5415e.jpg

A mix of proper sleepers and some modern pine ones I think judging by the varying weights.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Onoff said:

proper sleepers

These usually cost extra, for the character and that they are so full of tar that they don't rot. 

But someone who thinks they are untidy is also happy now.

A benefit of the big truck to hand.

Half the time stuff is quoted as free on FB it is not free at all. Or someone who has overordered, or got off-cuts, thinks they can resell at the original price.

5 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

We get people down here who have the surname Kent.

All proud to be ex pikeys.

They always pay with cash.

Could do worse than bag Katy Perry...

15 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

We get people down here who have the surname Kent.

All proud to be ex pikeys.

They always pay with cash.

Along with the late, great, Bob Monkhouse.

9 hours ago, saveasteading said:

But have the beans shown signs of life yet? Pictures requires (time lapse preferred).

Planted Monday, nada yet. I do note, that when I look at them early evening the soil is dry. I water them, leave for a bit for excess water to drain from the seed tray then bring indoors overnight.

3 hours ago, Onoff said:

Planted Monday, nada yet. I do note, that when I look at them early evening the soil is dry.

Best not to let the soil dry out; put a sheet of polythene over the top to keep the moisture in until they've germinated.

8 hours ago, Roundtuit said:

Best not to let the soil dry out; put a sheet of polythene over the top to keep the moisture in until they've germinated.

Thanks, I'll find something suitable.