I wish it would stop raining...

Andrew

Tell me about it!! . It was like the Somme around my build until just a couple of weeks ago! Finally got the foundations and drains in etc. We ending up putting granite hardcore all around the build and between drive/paths so that we're out of the mud for the rest of the build. Cost a little but it means the builders can get on at pace without fighting the mud all the time.

I've done 1 day's work on my house since the beginning of November. Lost a day or two due to a bad back at the beginning of that month and a couple of days were possible but very cold and I wasn't feeling well so stayed in. In the same 6 or so weeks in 2018 I did at least an hour or two's work on the house on 17 days.

Out soon to do the last “bib” on the Veluxes. Might be dry enough tomorrow to tape it and another one up.

Here's the after photo. I've spent most of the day pumping water out. I feel like King Canute but I keep telling myself it all helps. Just need to make sure the piling contractors are happy to keep going next week so we can get the remaining 30 piles done before Christmas. 

IMG_1572.thumb.jpg.4ed8afb5ab2fe72edfdb00d6484f2ee1.jpg

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Here's the after photo. I've spent most of the day pumping water out. I feel like King Canute but I keep telling myself it all helps. Just need to make sure the piling contractors are happy to keep going next week so we can get the remaining 30 piles done before Christmas. 

IMG_1572.thumb.jpg.4ed8afb5ab2fe72edfdb00d6484f2ee1.jpg

Just out of interest where did the water go?

There's a handy brook just the other side of the mounds of soil on the left of the photo. 

IMG_1495.thumb.jpg.c89a75aeb04c471da39cf9e76de84fc6.jpg

(This photo was taken a little while before the ones above, hence no mounds of earth). 

Edited by Andrew
typo