4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I cursed this day, all done with a template:

20180922_154218

Dry fit:

20180923_135701

Second time lucky:

20180923_172931

That’s a big effort!! 

very impressive, especially as you won’t see most of it hidden behind the pan. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

Ah f 

366603F1-00B1-4CC5-93BA-C69A681CD394.jpeg

I assume the little metal t shape end bit is now integral due to adhesive. 

I guess you have to remove them soon after getting the tiles level, before the adhesive fully sets. 

• Haha 1

My levellers were loose in a box with no instructions - but unsurprisingly I found

3) Before the cement or tile glue has completely dried up (usually no more than 6 hours), 
tighten the adjusting cover in the opposite direction, then rotate the T-pin 90 degrees 
so that the T-pin turns to a zigzag parallel to the tile, and remove the leveler; 

Tricky when you don't live on site!

Edited by pocster

57 minutes ago, pocster said:

3) Before the cement or tile glue has completely dried up (usually no more than 6 hours), 
tighten the adjusting cover in the opposite direction, then rotate the T-pin 90 degrees 
so that the T-pin turns to a zigzag parallel to the tile, and remove the leveler;

That will have the plain English society spitting feathers.

Don't they mean "loosen the adjusting cover" ?

• Haha 1

I had a big bucket of clean water for the wipey down sponge. A smaller bucket (brush pot) to put my notched trowel and paint brush in and a second big bucket full of water to wash my tools in when they got too messy or started drying. I would also throw any removed tile spacers into the tool washing bucket. I'd use the paint brush "dry" to take out excess adhesive from along the joints...and there was a lot!

So wish I'd accepted my mate's offer of help.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

I had a big bucket of clean water for the wipey down sponge. A smaller bucket (brush pot) to put my notched trowel and paint brush in and a second big bucket full of water to wash my tools in when they got too messy or started drying. I would also throw any removed tile spacers into the tool washing bucket. I'd use the paint brush "dry" to take out excess adhesive from along the joints...and there was a lot!

So wish I'd accepted my mate's offer of help.

Not unsurprisingly, very thorough! ... but hopefully resulted in a lot less ‘cleaning’ later. 

When I got to grouting I always wish I had been more robust in removing any excess and cleaning the adhesive. ... there’s always next time to get it right! 

8 hours ago, Gav_P said:

Not unsurprisingly, very thorough! ... but hopefully resulted in a lot less ‘cleaning’ later. 

When I got to grouting I always wish I had been more robust in removing any excess and cleaning the adhesive. ... there’s always next time to get it right! 

I just wish I'd used a tile levelling system on floor and walls.

Glad I did the floor tiles first though then the walls. Imo it makes for a better, more invisible and more waterproof joint. You do of course have to protect the whole floor with Correx/Proplex/Antinox etc sheets taped together when you do the walls.