Bathroom starts !

12 minutes ago, Onoff said:

It's important to periodically change your water / empty your tray I think or you're just trying to pump slurry eventually. 

I know . But I only cut 2 tiles the day before . Googled it and it seems to be a bit temperamental - not on the motor running but on sucking . Everyone loves a good suck ?

37 minutes ago, pocster said:

Only question you really need to answer is ....

” Does it look better than @Onoff ‘s ? “ ??

He would have drawn it up in CAD and marked each tile on the wall.

Are you employing the technique of bathing in tile adhesive and throwing yourself at the wall?

It does look good but maybe try to keep stuff cleaner if possible.  Are those levelling things reusable?

Anyway, pull your finger out and get the rest of that wall on, leaving the rips for later.  Chop Chop!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

He would have drawn it up in CAD and marked each tile on the wall.

Are you employing the technique of bathing in tile adhesive and throwing yourself at the wall?

It does look good but maybe try to keep stuff cleaner if possible.  Are those levelling things reusable?

Anyway, pull your finger out and get the rest of that wall on, leaving the rips for later.  Chop Chop!

Yes re usable . I’m on it boss !!?

1 hour ago, pocster said:

You saying it looks sh*te then ? ?

Only question you really need to answer is ....

” Does it look better than @Onoff ‘s ? “ ??

Yes but then it's a lot easier to hide the f@ck ups with massive, textured tiles!

• Haha 1

Oh you dog !

Got to do a skinny cut for tile to go over flush . Of course it snapped ?

Can anyone tell me the overlap of a geberit flush plate ? . If it’s 15mm or so then I’ll just do a cut piece and hide the joint

C5F384E1-0DFB-43EA-B7E9-322582966BE8.jpeg

B4F97371-6182-4ECF-BD01-7F9F15A9C0E9.jpeg

Can’t find overlap details online but a plate seems to be 24cm x 16cm . That only allows 5mm or so either side ?

Even if I do cut that tile ok - bedding it without is snapping will be a dog . Can I cheat ? . Do the rest of the tile with adhesive and that sliver with ct1 ? ( Assume that will exert less pressure on the tile and avoid it snapping . Suggestions welcome !

Edited by pocster

6 minutes ago, pocster said:

Oh you dog !

Got to do a skinny cut for tile to go over flush . Of course it snapped ?

Can anyone tell me the overlap of a geberit flush plate ? . If it’s 15mm or so then I’ll just do a cut piece and hide the joint

C5F384E1-0DFB-43EA-B7E9-322582966BE8.jpeg

B4F97371-6182-4ECF-BD01-7F9F15A9C0E9.jpeg

Could you drill a hole and then cut up to it? That how I stopped mine from breaking when doing naffy cuts around protrusions. 

1 minute ago, Gav_P said:

Could you drill a hole and then cut up to it? That how I stopped mine from breaking when doing naffy cuts around protrusions. 

I plunged cut the initial opening . But then when ‘nibbling’ snapped it . I can probably cut it without snapping . But bedding it on the wall without snapping it will be tricky 

Ah... nibbling... Not for the faint hearted. I threw my nibblers out the window in a rage as I kept having the same issue. 

I ended up drilling corners. Cutting straight up to them. Then did lots of cuts in parallel (making lots of skinny fingers of tile) to remove most of the waste bit of tile. Then plunge cut across the scraggy end to tidy it up. 

I’m fairly certain that a professional tiler would be horrified by this technique, but it did work on fairly fragile tiles for me. 

ps... I didn’t have one tile crack or break when fixing them to the wall. 

Edited by Gav_P

Braved it again . Then cut the remaining bits out by hand using a jigsaw blade . Nibblers have there own mind what to break . So best way to bed this ? . Certainly  can’t put a levelling attachment across this joint 

FCCDDBD6-5D2D-43BD-B0EA-527532F01BC0.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Just slap some adhesive on the back of the tile and get it in the wall. You can use those levelling things on 3 sides, that should be enough surely? I’ve never used then myself. 

I’m worried about pressing it to bed it . I can’t apply any pressure on the sliver . Am I being a wuzz ? ?

Just leave the adhesive off of the sliver so its clear of the wall. Just push down on the main bit of the tile. Go back later and squidge in something behind the sliver or through the grout lines even if it's something out of a gun.

Also if you drill a round hole then make your L cut up to that hole, it's stronger and less likely to break that the sharp internal corner.

• Like 1