Bathroom starts !

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

Tbh it’s pretty much all blue anyway once you paint all the strips , paint them again then paint over the edges !

Did your tanking instructions say to do the first coat horizontal, second vertical and so on?

24 minutes ago, pocster said:

Ok ( I think ) 

The first bit 300mm blue tanking . Do you mean 300mm under the tray then up the wall how much ? 

Or do you mean 300mm from under the tray right up the walls to the ceiling all in blue ??

Read it again ! I think you mean 300mm ply base up the wall yes ? I.e shower base then up 300mm blue 

??????????????

Rest of it I got ! ??

I needed 2 pints and 3 reads of that.....

OK. No tanking under the tray. Tanking is on vertical walls only. Tank from where the wall hits the floor to 300mm above that junction. So basically a 300mm tanking skirting board.

There. Now go do, and post the pics in the morning.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pocster said:

Nope no mention 

This is the Aquaseal kit I used and one of the videos I watched. Paid particular attention to the taping and overlapping thereof. I used x2 7.5m2 kits.

Tried one of @Nickfromwales tips suggest of hammering the ct1 applying nozzle .

The tray at the moment won’t go down on the ply - about 5mm above it . Assume that’s not issue as I can easily gain 5mm with the adhesive. As the tray is can get tons of ct1 around the edge later - just one Uber Uber tight edge 

A2C92062-3A6F-4A60-9696-FDA3000DE6F7.jpeg

F8F764D0-076C-4B7D-AFB0-787B22B764B1.jpeg

Edited by pocster

Stupid question number 10000

The rubber gasket appears to sit nicely on the waste ( ribbed ) .

But does the gasket go under the tray or ontop ?

im guessing on top ...

1045298C-B1AF-4210-A81B-E2B74284A825.jpeg

Edited by pocster

Done . Blobbed tile adhesive as Nick said . Gone down to the ply so I think good coverage . Also scrubbed the underside of the tray as advised before laying . One (expletive deleted) up though . As I’m slightly further from the rear wall a small section of marine ply is just on the edge of the trap . I can feel it with my fingers . Awkward but I’ll have to cut that out from underneath somehow . Problem for next week .

Just to prove its level ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Looking up under . The trap is a bit tricky to fit . Will break more of that block out . Also can just about access with a multi tool and cut that corner of ply sticking out . Trap might clear it anyway ...

Would put a photo of the tile adhesive blobs up before laying the tray ; but afraid someone will say they are wrong . Fancy a private PM of it Nick ? But you can’t ever share ( unless it’s right ) . Either way it’s on the ply so very little movement and tray ain’t every coming up anyway .

99DACEFE-D505-4F2A-8CAB-DB80CBA0B218.jpeg

0F7C9238-22ED-4600-BCA5-6F520C1AFA58.jpeg

10 minutes ago, pocster said:

Would put a photo of the tile adhesive blobs up before laying the tray ; but afraid someone will say they are wrong . Fancy a private PM of it Nick ? But you can’t ever share ( unless it’s right ) . Either way it’s on the ply so very little movement and tray ain’t every coming up anyway .

Take it to the grave with you. ?
All good from what I’ve seen / heard. ?

• Thanks 1