Bathroom starts !

3 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I did learn to dry set up basins etc to work out exactly where all pipes should be .

Yeah but that’s almost impossible. To line up a outlet pipe with a unit with a trap all mm inline . (expletive deleted) that ! 

31 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yeah but that’s almost impossible.

almost, but not. I only learnt because I made the same mistake as you originally. Dry set up the basin, stand etc, pencil mark on the wall where the pipes should go (perhaps a mm lower to give a fall on the waste pipe. But as you say difficult to get mm perfect. Different traps are different dimensions also?.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joe90 said:

almost, but not. I only learnt because I made the same mistake as you originally. Dry set up the basin, stand etc, pencil mark on the wall where the pipes should go (perhaps a mm lower to give a fall on the waste pipe. But as you say difficult to get mm perfect. Different traps are different dimensions also?.

Absolutely. 

I cocked up height wise. It was near enough dead in line though. Had an anti siphon trap:

20190305_214710

Whoops!

20190305_193738

So I got one of these:

ae235

Took the telescopic section and added to the anti siphon bit of the first trap. (Both traps McAlpine):

20190306_163740

Some foil tape to finish off on the black plastic pipe!

2019-03-10_05-52-58

• Like 3

Fighting wc . It’s on dry ( no silicone )

If I grab the front though it ‘moves’ up a fraction . The only wall fixings are those 2 high bolts so nothing to stop the bottom lifting - this correct ?

Going to tip water down the pan as test 1 

Then flush it for test 2 

In theory ( as I’m less than confident ) I should be able to sit on this now ? Take my feet off the floor and it takes my weight ?? ( the ultimate test !! )

8F4CBAA1-5D3C-4085-B90A-D91B0277FEC7.jpeg

Both tests successful!

zero leaks . I stuck a bit of tissue in it . Set my camera to video hanging over the edge of the manhole . Flushed it . How sad eh ? . Where else would the (expletive deleted)ing water go ?

All good ! . Would like to weight test it for my peace of mind but will wait until other ‘wall hangers’ say it’s ok .... too scared !!

• Thanks 1

I didn't sit on mine until the CT1 had gone off. I used it as both packer & gasket as my pan sat across 2 tiles that weren't dead flush. Didn't over tighten for fear of cracking the pan but it certainly didn't wobble.

Edited by Onoff
  • Thanks 1

It will move as it is pivoting on the wall at the bottom of the pan. Take it all off and bed on either the Geberit gasket if it was supplied with one or a good bead of sealant and then do it up and leave it. 

This also stops any point loads from the pan and cracking any tiles. Don’t do it up any tighter  than hand tight or you will crack the porcelain. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PeterW said:

It will move as it is pivoting on the wall at the bottom of the pan. Take it all off and bed on either the Geberit gasket if it was supplied with one or a good bead of sealant and then do it up and leave it. 

This also stops any point loads from the pan and cracking any tiles. Don’t do it up any tighter  than hand tight or you will crack the porcelain. 

Yeah no geberit pan to wall gasket supplied . I saw that in a video and asked geberit . They said only really needed for pan against glass tiles not ceramic .

Will take off the wall ct1 the back then reset . Clean up , then leave until Monday 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just before you do ...

Insert a 2mm packer under the bottom edge of the pan - wrap it in cling film if possible and CT1 all round. Then pull the packer out when it’s all dry on Monday. This means you don’t squash all the CT1 out and also means if the pan connectors do leak you will get a tell tale line down the wall rather than it disappearing behind tiles etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Just before you do ...

Insert a 2mm packer under the bottom edge of the pan - wrap it in cling film if possible and CT1 all round. Then pull the packer out when it’s all dry on Monday. This means you don’t squash all the CT1 out and also means if the pan connectors do leak you will get a tell tale line down the wall rather than it disappearing behind tiles etc. 

Now that’s a good plan ! 

As my pan was non Geberit I had to go off piste with the fixing detail. I was paranoid about the pan material sitting on the metal bolt threads. I used the clear sleeves and a length of plastic conduit:

20190206_200411

20190206_201508

• Like 2