Bathroom starts !

3 hours ago, pocster said:

So much better than @Onoff ‘s efforts and even the Welsh mandolorian aka @Nickfromwales  ???

817774F0-1D81-4F56-B54F-248C5DD3339C.jpeg

Loving the way it's symmetrical to the tiles! 

Top marks too for the handy shelf for the First Aid kit when visitors sever an artery on those corners ?

Edited by Onoff
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Top marks too for the handy shelf for the First Aid kit when visitors sever an artery on those corners ?

Tiles..?? I thought it was the way he had cut the plasterboard and I was going to ask when the plasterer was coming to skim over all the gaps and make it look nice ..... 

54 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Actually Mr. Knob it would be largely impossible to line two recesses up with the window and the wall with tile vertical grout lines . Also this is a false wall and much Mvhr and other goodies all behind there I.e pipes in the way to position a recess . Hope you all bleed to death tonight ?

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

First rule of the amateur bathroom fitter is take photos from the most sympathetic angle. Even then the camera can only lie so much. Ask me how I know! 

Professional’s like me scoff at such things . Truth be told I’d take a photo of the bathroom with a nice girlie in the bath . No one would even look at the tiling etc . Distraction is your friend 

Edited by pocster

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

Professional’s like me scoff at such things . Truth be told I’d take a photo of the bathroom with a nice girlie in the bath . No one would even look at the tiling etc . Distraction is your friend 

Janet Leigh? 

SWMBO has been to the site a few times and never mentioned sad/ocd/ (expletive deleted) up minds before . So I just showed her the photo and pointed out the tiles were not aligned with recesses etc .

She said 

“ Who cares , do people worry about that ? “

I responded “ yes “

She said “ Who ? “

I said “ On the self build forum “

Her final reply

” Are they sad individuals with ocd and nothing better to do ? “

No need for me to respond - toss pots ! ?

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, pocster said:

Are they sad individuals

yes some! (Me not included)

22 minutes ago, pocster said:

with ocd

yes some (me included)

22 minutes ago, pocster said:

nothing better to do

not at the moment (me).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Pocster can come and tile my bathrooms anytime. More than acceptable for any amature. P.S. And i really hate bloody tiling?

I only charge a quid an hour . Still cost you around 100 grand I reckon 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pocster said:

@Big Jimbo will save me ..... ( waits ) or @Gav_P ...... 

Looks amazing. Like a boutique hotel. You would never have it looking as good if you got a pro in to do it. 

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Gits 

Impatient sod! 

Edited by Gav_P
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pocster said:

SWMBO has been to the site a few times and never mentioned sad/ocd/ (expletive deleted) up minds before . So I just showed her the photo and pointed out the tiles were not aligned with recesses etc .

She said 

“ Who cares , do people worry about that ? “

I responded “ yes “

She said “ Who ? “

I said “ On the self build forum “

Her final reply

” Are they sad individuals with ocd and nothing better to do ? “

No need for me to respond - toss pots ! ?

Think we knew already she wasn't fussy... ?

Pi$$ taking aside good effort, you know that I know tiling well is bloody hard. The things with hindsight I'd have done different! Least favourite job of my bathroom. I can understand why good tilers are worth it.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pocster said:

So much better than @Onoff ‘s efforts and even the Welsh mandolorian aka @Nickfromwales  ???

817774F0-1D81-4F56-B54F-248C5DD3339C.jpeg

If this is your first baptism-of-fire tiling job and you have turned out something that looks like that ( regardless of how much filing and dremel work you did ) then you should be standing 10 feet tall my strange avatar’d friend. ??

Have a beer on me, at your expense ;) 

• Thanks 1