Bathroom starts !

Right !

I’m going with @JFDIY ?

So floor tiles and upstands Will line up on longest left wall . Right side floor tiles will end where ever . I’ll have to play with the upstands to see whether lining with wall or floor grout line looks best . Far wall all hidden by the bath .

In reality 90% of all this isn’t visible but it feels SO important..... ?

Edited by pocster

2 hours ago, pocster said:

In reality 90% of all this isn’t visible but it feels SO important..... ?

But you'll forget all about it one done.

The only time you'll consider the grout line is when sat on the toilet, and you won't be looking under your arm pit to see what's behind you, the one straight ahead will bug you the most.

That said where does the lines fall around the shower tray. You may choose to be deliberately half a tile out if it fall better for the tray/bath and door into the room etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JFDIY said:

But you'll forget all about it one done.

The only time you'll consider the grout line is when sat on the toilet, and you won't be looking under your arm pit to see what's behind you, the one straight ahead will bug you the most.

That said where does the lines fall around the shower tray. You may choose to be deliberately half a tile out if it fall better for the tray/bath and door into the room etc.

Nothing good under my armpit ?

Yeah I considered any upstands in the shower tray region get ‘ special treatment’ - so they will most probably be made to line up with wall grout !

I never had ocd - but since tiling I do ?

Decoupling mat down .

I used Ardex 200 to glue it down . Wasn’t too sure on it at first . But as soon as the Mat underside touches it - it sticks !!!

I notched it as it says - but tbh it doesn’t notch too well even after mixing it’s too loose . The matts certainly not coming up though ...

E9DE9D4A-4571-4524-858D-5D4CF95CE011.jpeg

• Like 1

Surprisingly hard work !

First tile I faffed with . Forgot to back butter it . Didn’t come up easily and I would say 90% coverage . All back buttered now - they ain’t coming up . Slightly drift in the level a mm here or there . But I largely ignore and make sure no lippage 

D1D40857-027B-4F64-A374-4D83A3E57726.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Are you tiling under the bath? Has that been left clear for any particular reason? (Like being able to reach it without standing on recently laid tiles?)

I am sorry . My back aches so I stopped for today . On it tomorrow- you my (expletive deleted)ing SWMBO or something??