Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. think he meant air change rate being too high? Check the qualifications and if the companies who quoted and designed are indemnified - see if that narrows down the suppliers and layouts? Ie one who is not qualified/recognised massively over speccing?
  2. Do you think pressure regulator nessecary?
  3. also i've been quoted based on 32mm connection which I think incorporates a larger meter feed. iirc someone on this forum had a 32mm feed connected with a smaller meter on the boundary, had photo evidence and got a substantial discount after the works had finished
  4. what did you all do for stop taps? I've gone 32mm to 28mm convertor, 28mm stopgap then will probably step down to 22mm to feed a manifold
  5. I had 25 similar distance was fine. Having 32mm in new place on 10m run because pressure seems crap locally and wanted good flow rate
  6. Dave I think you set the timed boost from the units control panel. Remember reading something about it in the book
  7. Dormus there is info and a wiring diagram in there but electrics is over my head. Looks like I'll just opt for 2 gang switch at bathrooms and separate switch in kitchen no major
  8. First fix sparky tomorrow. I have received seperate boost switches for the MVHR unit. Can I just have the sparky link these to the two lights in the bathrooms? What did you all do in the kitchen? I could either have a standalone switch or is it possible to link to (recirculating) extractor power so when that's in use the boost kicks in?
  9. Is it a case if it had bba when you built then still valid? Surely can't retrospectively withdraw certificates
  10. @joe90 what's your u value? Are you at around 425mm thickness total?
  11. @ProDave what's your detail? Is your woofibre board vented to rear?
  12. Another consideration is mortgageability. What is considered timber frame? When do lenders and insurers start calling it mmc
  13. Can render board go straight on I beam? With timber cladding and plasterboard your talking at least 60mm on that original figure of 400?
  14. With what on the outside and inside?
  15. I think that would be a terrible idea. Create problems down the line. I'd be looking to either chop out and replace with similar reclaim of you really want to or accept it for what it is. Character!
  16. Yeh use some kind of a grit sand then like you say got to consider drainage
  17. Worrying too much dave. Crack on
  18. Guessing eps won't have dpm below so the only considerations are what is easiest to work with
  19. Or you go in with the same attitude they give you and be prepared to walk out. I'm no expert buyer but if they make you feel uncomfortable give them the same.
  20. Since when do sparks come back to test during works?! @Markblox
  21. Any local trade tile shop. Go independent. Call first
  22. Since I've had mac laptop I've never bothered with anti virus. Aren't they supposed to be a bit more secure or less targeted?
  23. It did go up after a bit of a shortage last year. @nod will be the man to ask. I'd be wanting the number to begin with a 5 excl vat for a sq edge 8x4
  24. Can't be 7 quid where abouts are you
  25. On your return you just fill in the box for vat reclaimed from other eu member states. (For vat registered entities)
×
×
  • Create New...