Oz07
Members-
Posts
3601 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by Oz07
-
That almost offends me! I got an air test of just over one so think I did pretty well in terms of detailing a traditional build! I've got 200mm eps ground bearing slab, which I was hoping would be better than previous 150mm pir over b&b due to Warmer ground temp 150mm cavity filled with dritherm 34 350mm earthwool in loft All parge coated with airtight membrane linking down to parge coat and suspended ceiling void for services. Anyway it's all knowledge I'll know what to focus on next time!
-
There are a lot of variables but it's interesting to give a picture of how good peoples houses perform. I'd be pretty chuffed if I was getting some of the low figures quoted here. Also it's taught me something doesn't seem quite right with my place be interesting to alter this ventilation and teaches me to try something new next time. Graphite beads would be my weapon of choice going on declans experience.
-
Bad Airtightness Test Result
Oz07 replied to AliG's topic in Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR)
His horse has bolted! -
Don't know why but that's just reminded me of this scene
-
Btw I think mixing needs to be learnt before laying, although the young brickies nowadays are prob crap at it
-
Not a question that can be answered in minutes only in experience. A bit like popping your cherry. You will know when you know
-
Mic drop we have a winner @SteamyTea the steam off his sh!t is all that is needed!
-
I have one provided with original meter supplier here and it's in a cupboard somewhere unplugged. Might bin it next time I have a clear out
-
No don't leave it going just respin for a bit before you tip out again
-
Wicked performance for that size cavity declan do you have any special upstand at floor perimeter or just 25mm? What u value is that wall with those graphite boards?
-
Lol I bet steamy tea does though. Declan do you have a fire apart from wood pellet burner? Dave how often do you light yours?
-
That's lock stock though isn't it @jack like steamy tea includes even appliances etc etc. Heating alone is the most accurate measure as Dave says
-
Similar in roof too then? Do you have an insulated foundation?
-
I'm pretty impressed with @AliG number tbh thats what started this thread. To have an air score of 9 or 10 and still to be coming in at 50kwh on the heating made me question all the hard work I did getting this place air score at 1. For the boffins - is it a case of the more volume the better efficiencies you get with heating - 900m2 is probably the biggest place on here!
-
those the figures on the meter
-
@ProDave i've dangled the carrot for him!
-
@JamesP figure is pretty good as well actually if that includes DHW? Whats your construction method and rough insulation details?
-
c'mon @joe90 make the effort just look at a couple of bills! mind I suppose you'd have to estimate heating/other split usage @Declan52 you and @ProDave have the best performing up to now. Yours is pretty traditional construction isn't it declan? What width cavity do you have and what's in floor and roof? @tonyshouse post your numbers here @PeterW cmon I bet you know your figure?
-
I got told occasionally MVHR can make a SAP score worse, but perhaps that is with a crap assessor? Also I remember reading at any air score below 3 they should start to save more energy than they consume but perhaps this is just for the leccy they use? Not allowing for increasing standing losses? OK I am getting seriously sad, just looked at meter before and after my shower difference of .253m3 is 2.874 kWh on the online convertors this is bringing my total kWh down by over a 1000 a year. Thats excluding the missus and and hob cooking and washing pots. I'm feeling better about it now!
-
Yes @AliG as @ProDave said earlier if you can seperate water out its a more accurate reflection really. I was disappointed at high 60's all in if I can be bothered I may see how many units the meter clocks up on a shower and boiling some veg - how sad! I think I need to get that new MVHR unit on and balance and temper it down a bit, is yours all tuned up @AliG? By rights they do say that anything above 3 on an air test and the MVHR is uneconomical but your heating figures are not to OTT @MikeGrahamT21 how old is your place? @JamesP i'd seperate out the other electric usage if I was you, not really relevant to house performance. At the 4500 figure your m2 rate looks good!
-
Is the sane argument not made in reverse though for picking mvhr over extractor, as in extractor expel a lot of air you've paid to heat?
-
Does that include all electric or heating and dhw ?
-
I'll be interested to see if mime reduces on a per annum basis. Sap estimates closer to 40kwh m2 @ProDave Good point about hot water not being anything to do with house performance per se. Unfortunatley i can't separate mine unless I start measuring things. Still no comments on if mvhr increases your heating demand. Even allowing for opening bathroom Windows and running extractor for 40 mins a day in the old place I suspect the mvhr system here gives me more loses over 24hr. So much for heat recovery!
-
Is your water ontop of your figure then? Ie just for heating
