Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3601
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. I had one next to combi in last place and thought about feeding it via a blended hot. Never did in the end. Depends how close to source or if you have a circulating hot in your place? Another vote for samsung here sick of pissing around with less than 5 yr guarantee. As for washing cold that's a no call me a luddite but most gets 40c towels get 60c.
  2. You will have to do the math but might be worth your time searching for a small joinery workshop rather than the machines. Ok you'll end up paying the guy some wages, overhead and a bit of profit but probably more cost effective unless you want the machinery and have further work for it?
  3. No but they will want to see the firestopping on an inspection. Either first fix if linings in then. If putting them in second fix then before arcs go on. I'm not sure you can actually call them out for just frames they usually inspect if looking at neighbouring plot on bigger jobs.
  4. I had the same with having to sand it all off. Hopefully only needed on external faces?
  5. Static vans here are charged at a band and fair enough if someone living on site. My last place was in garden of my house so they were already copping from existing house.
  6. I had a fence up at all times. I would even if considered painting the glass to stop the nosey b!tch. I learnt the hard way 10 pr so years ago let her round and she started charging me just after first fix. As I say I've not made the mistake again never let them on another site all same local authority too.
  7. It's worked for me on the last one didn't pay a penny till sign off date.
  8. How do they find out how far you are if they can't get on site?
  9. From memory didn't jeremy harris have a result with this and not having water connected. My advice is just don't let them anywhere near the building. Fence it off and block the windows. Don't communicate with them.
  10. I've made the mistake of using clear on oak before. You have to use something with a bit of pigment first then clear ontop.
  11. What's happened to the cost or kwh used? Has it reduced? I suspect I could have had my last places boiler and system set up a lot better but this stuff is a bit over my head. How do you know if boiler is condensing or not?
  12. The benefit of a scribe is you can be tight or a few mm loose and it doesn't usually matter as it gets caulked in at top of skirting. Try to keep scribes all to the same side of the skirting so you work 1 way round room.
  13. Post the detail. Be handy to have around.
  14. Yeh it was ARB not riba I remembered. I did have the cml list printed off at one time with every lender and what they will accept. I've always gone pcc route never had an issue selling
  15. I thought pcc had to be issued by architect registered with RIBA for most mortgage lenders? That's what I've used previously
  16. I've never heard of a 5% rate for certain occoupations. Tell your original point of contact he needs to show you the relevant vat notice and relevant proof that his stooge qualifies including the fact he has commissioned you to do the job. Otherwise 20%
  17. 100% worth responding to. If anyone plans on self building again it's in your interest.
  18. The consultation for small sites is open at present. I sent a response yesterday encourage others to do the same. Had quite a few don't know answers as was over my head. The most laughable one is where they ask if you agree applications for sites for bng should be exempt from bng 🤯 https://consult.defra.gov.uk/defra-biodiversity-net-gain/improving-the-implementation-of-biodiversity-net-g/
  19. Probably 5 who could do that within 5 or 10 miles of me. Are you looking hard enough? Any smaller independent merchants rather than nationals
  20. I'd be inclined to just practice yourself. These courses will be box ticking exercises. A few bits would be worthwhile learning like maintenance and the limits of the machines but I'd still just learn yourself.
  21. Yeh there's only so many things most people can turn their hands too. I'm rubbish with wet trades so need subbies for those. Likewise sparky and plumber although I do try to give them a hand.
  22. Just write to your mp and copy the lady in on the email. Also maybe someone higher up in the council too. I've had good results before doing this with these big organisations hmrc and dvla
  23. @LnP do you think if you stripped a plot bare before applying for pp you could argue an increase in biodiversity?
  24. What a load of rubbish. This country seems finished at the minute. I thought we were supposed to be getting Britain building? There's people round here buying up land then selling the credits I have seen in 1 or 2 applications on the portal. At what point do you buy these credits is it before planning or after? If after how is it secured, by condition?
  25. Is that how much these credits cost? Daylight robbery
×
×
  • Create New...