Jump to content

Oz07

Members
  • Posts

    3600
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by Oz07

  1. Do you engage the umbrella scheme beforehand and go with their spec then? Does it limit your choices
  2. Do you get penalised on SAP for not fitting ashp cylinder?
  3. Are you in or close to Leicestershire? Interfere are based there and you can deal with them direct on direct loads. At 1620 that's getting on for full load isn't it? I think I've used them optilyte before but can't recall exactly was a while ago. Im pretty sure you can still get a 150mm cavity to meet regs on a non airated block. Give interfuse a call let us know how you get on. They have hiab wagons
  4. Black packer. 2mm. If head is full length pull door shut to latch, pin head stop up with black packer between door and stop, not pushing too hard against door. Then leg stops on hinge side hold the packer and nail at roughly the hinge positions then open the door and hold your 6ft level against the stop, pull it tight to the level then you know its straight. Few more pins. Latch side repeat keep it at 2mm if your latch is adjustable. Knock the inside part of latch forward a bit before final fix with ironmongery so it pulls in tight to stop. On site they just out the stops in a fixed distance from the door edge of the lining ie 37mm but thats more for production work ain't got time to mess with keeps.
  5. I was looking into this the other week with ai. Excuse my luddite levels of understanding. I know you know your onions. The ai was implying immersion heating is a lot more expensive than heat pump because no COP. It was kind of implying doing the install so can heat water with both ashp and immersion is the best way. Are you saying its a lot more expensive? Can the ashp recharge quicker than immersion? Do you guys have some low dhw use which means you dont really notice the cost whereas a big family with multiple showers or baths would notice it?
  6. Fitted quickstep in 2020. Joints on the 300mm wide stuff wasn't quite square. Was passable but not perfect and only showed after I'd done a bit. Can't remember ins and outs contacted them after a few rows. Supplier said to crack on will straighten out. Didn't straighten out, ended up refunding me for the whole lot and then some as I remember.
  7. Ledger board and face fixed hangers to this?
  8. He's been around for awhile now. Most of the stuff he finds is bad. There has been 1 or 2 things I've seen him put up seem petty.
  9. Yeh ours is 5m x 5m at present but new house has been drawn 900mm off this. If i put a new roof on upto the house wall will be 6mx5m
  10. Are normal cylinders a lot cheaper than heat pump ones? Are they "vented" or "unvented" or doesn't this change with direct heating? Can an immersion heater recharge the water temperature as quick as a heat pump? Why would heat pump cylinder stop you heating it in cheap period?
  11. Do you have to have regs or a warrant for that? What's the total size 6m wide by how long? What size timbers did you use? Im thinking of extending a garage from 5m wide to 6m and it's a bit of a can of worms. Think I might need to involve an SE. while it will only be 30m2 or just under I think if it joins a house it has to have b.regs in England?
  12. If his vents sit 25 or 30mm on top of fascia thats where you problem is. You could get him to cut a fillet 30mm to nothing over the length of a few tiles say 1m and fix to top of your fascia. Or you could have the over fascia vents extended along your fascia. Or neighbours fascia could be dropped the thickness of the vents but seems extreme.
  13. Jesus 45 quid for a bit of plastic.
  14. Care to enlighten us on the intermediate options?
  15. I just meant supply and fit of the supply and returns not the ufh loop. I didnt realise a plan or drawing was needed to route these 2 pipes thinking you'd just take them straight to where they need to go but sounds like @Mulberry View has to run through the floor?
  16. What do you mean route the supply and returns? As in physically put them in? Is it the same person doing heat loss and ufh layout?
  17. What kind of fee do these heat loss consultants charge? Do they also do the ufh layout?
  18. Oz07

    Form factor

    He doesn't want flat ceilings!
  19. I'd of loved to have met the man. What a great experience!
  20. Would you not prefer a 4" floor drain? I used one once fits straight inside 4"pipe. But yeh wouldn't need a vent.
  21. I dont think anyone looking at a house in future would be put off with a2a. So should suit op?
  22. It must be volume production economics. I remember people saying how simple mvhr units are inside.
  23. What did you pay for your bare units? What do they rrp for?
  24. How much is a mvhr unit alone to service 150m2 vs a boiler to do the same? What would a boiler be 1000 or less?
  25. It does sound like a bells and whistles job. I dare say the house is worth over a million quid though pretty high spec. Mine will deffo be diy, last one was. I won't be having the plaster in vents.
×
×
  • Create New...